Anyone else doing Optifast?

Options
I am doing the Optifast 800 Very Low Calorie Diet medically supported by Kaiser Permanente in Southern California. I am interested in sharing experiences and process with anybody else who is doing the program. I am I the fourth week and have be pretty successful so far.

Replies

• marieeid
    marieeid Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What is Optifast?
  • vegetarian2626
    vegetarian2626 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    what is optifast never heard of it, i know waterfast or juice fast
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You say this is a very low calorie diet - is it safe?!
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    The Optifast® VLCD™ Program is a nutritionally complete very low calorie diet designed for the management of obesity. The range of products include Optifast® VLCD™ Shakes, Optifast® VLCD™ Bars, Optifast® VLCD™ Desserts and Optifast® VLCD™ Soups." My mother did this program years ago, she lost a lot of weight. I think there is a case for optifast but ultimately I think you should end up on a balanced diet.
  • lmwalk23
    lmwalk23 Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I just started as well. How are you doing?
  • Veg_count
    Veg_count Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Goodluck. Ive done it before but wasnt able to do it for more than a week without failing badly.
    Add me if u like :)
  • Lakonia1980
    Lakonia1980 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    I lost 16kg with optifast last year and gained abut back during Xmas holidays now back to optifast to lose afew kilos
  • SBennett0322
    SBennett0322 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am doing Optifast now (started last Friday) so far I've lost 8lbs in one week but I know that is because initially you lose water weight. I am going to stick with it for 24 weeks and go into long-term maintenance. I started at 260 and want to get down to 150.
  • sassyson91
    sassyson91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did optifast in 2000...was a requirement for bariatric surgery.. did it for 6 weeks and lost 35 lbs... it was hard, but I noticed as long as I had the chicken soup, and not just all sweet, it was doable. The action of using as spoon and "eating" instead of just drinking everything out of a glass is what worked for me.
  • jennileighrn
    jennileighrn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Optifast. On week six now. But had a breakdown on week 3 and four so I've only lost 11 lbs. Its hard when you love to eat! But I'm determined to do it!
  • Officially_Rosey
    Officially_Rosey Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I recently started (last Friday). At times I really am finding it difficult to stick to just the shakes and gave added a few 'not allowed' food items here and there, but I'm determined to get it right and to stick to my shakes and 'allowed' food list
  • Officially_Rosey
    Options
    *have
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Wonder what you are using MFP for?
  • Officially_Rosey
    Options
    Wonder what you are using MFP for?

Is your question directed at me or the OP?
  • myriamcharles2002
    Options
    Hello everyone I used optifast before but this is different in 3 days I lose 7.8 pounds I want to know if that's normal.
  • fatty2begone
    fatty2begone Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Just curious if this is medically prescribed? If so, I am assuming medical professionals are monitoring you. Is this for those needing to take weight off fast for health reasons or surgeries?