I need help :/

Ok so I've only started a healthy lifestyle about a month ago and I'm so scared to check if I lost weight or not. In the past Ive had an unhealthy relationship with the scale and the thought of weighing my self scares me so much. I remember in my freshman year of high school I became addicted to weighing my self. I would weigh my self after I ate, drank, used the bathroom, came from school, woke up, basically all day. I let it control me, sometimes I lasted days with out eating so the number wouldn't go up! I'm so scared of letting that happen to me again, that was the most misserable I ever felt in my life and I'm scared of going back there.

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    You don't have to weigh yourself.

If your clothes start getting more loose, you are losing weight. If not, or they get tighter, then you are not losing weight.
  • soloriocindy756
    soloriocindy756 Posts: 14 Member
    Haha thanks, your right I'll just let my cloths tell me. :)
  • glortard
    glortard Posts: 67 Member
    Well you certainly are right not to weigh yourself every day but you can do this once a fortnight/month along with taking measurements. You could get rid of your scales in the house and simply use the same one in a store/friends house/gym for weighing yourself which may also help. Good luck
  • soloriocindy756
    soloriocindy756 Posts: 14 Member
    glortard wrote: »
    Well you certainly are right not to weigh yourself every day but you can do this once a fortnight/month along with taking measurements. You could get rid of your scales in the house and simply use the same one in a store/friends house/gym for weighing yourself which may also help. Good luck

Thanks for the advise :)
  • Lo0BLu
    Lo0BLu Posts: 84 Member
    I have a scale phobia too. I am quite tall so even when I am slim I weigh more than most women. I have not weighed myself in years and do not feel the need to. I think to myself, "Why put yourself through that honey?? I should not have to make myself feel bad mentally in an attempt to make myself better physically".
    YOU are completely in control of this :smiley:
    So I do what the other guys on here have said. Pick a reference pair of jeans and a goal pair of jeans. Every week or so I try them both on. If things are going as planned, then one gets more loose and the other I start to get into.
    Believe me, there is nothing like the feeling of finally being able to do up the button on THOSE jeans, even though you can't breath or sit down in them....physical proof you are winning the battle and you only feel good about it. There is no weight shame involved.
    Another thing I used to do when I did Insanity was take weekly pictures, then you can see the weight loss and improvements over chunks of time. You never notice it with the slow creep of time, so the pictures really help.
    So my thoughts are:
    So feel good about yourself, you are in control of how you feel, scales suck.
    You can do this !!!!
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Ditch the scale. Agree on the jeans and photos. I tossed my old scale about 20 years ago. I now weigh myself at the gym, and my relationship with the scale is better, but not perfect.
  • awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    seska422 wrote: »
    You don't have to weigh yourself.

If your clothes start getting more loose, you are losing weight. If not, or they get tighter, then you are not losing weight.

This exactly.......you don't need the scale to gauge whether you are or are not losing weight. For me feeling my clothes fit better or even baggier was a much bigger goal than seeing the numbers drop on the scale.