What's the most random thing you have won?

f4rz
f4rz Posts: 11 Member
Once got an email telling me I won a hot water tank for the house. I thought it was a joke. Turned out it was true.

I wish it were a pair of designer shoes instead.

Replies

• JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    500$ amazon gift card and an ipod, wasnt random though...
  • f4rz
    No that sounds like my ideal kind of prize.
  • musclesandmusic866
    musclesandmusic866 Posts: 1,396 Member
    Powerball...tonight!!!
  • Tonydevolanii
    Tonydevolanii Posts: 658 Member
    150 free sms
  • f4rz
    lol
  • beckyml1980
    beckyml1980 Posts: 126 Member
    I won two trips, one to London England to see Coldplay and one to Mexico....
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    I won 1,000,000 points for a grocery store which was worth about $1000. It was one of those swipe your card and you're entered in a contest. Totally weird when I got the notification
  • kchuskey
    kchuskey Posts: 882 Member
    I won a bad beat jackpot playing poker once! It was about $8500!
  • tomy2tone01
    tomy2tone01 Posts: 982 Member
    I'll tell you tonite when I win the 1.5 Billion dollar lottery...
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    A tall teddy bear, wearing a shirt that makes it/him look exactly like a bumblebee, won in one of those carnival-style pop-the-balloon-with-the-dart games
  • kiousd
    kiousd Posts: 917 Member
    My wife is lucky with winning stuff off the radio. She's won several concert tickets and in a couple months we leave on a week long vacation to Mexico that she won off the radio. Me I've only ever won a few guns from raffles.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    $1,000 on a $1 scratch off lottery ticket.
  • PalePocahontas
    PalePocahontas Posts: 1,130 Member
    When I was a kid, I did swimming lessons but failed because I have a fear of drowning. So all the other kids received certificates with dolphins and sharks etc on them and I got a tadpole on mine.
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    The love of a cat.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    I won a Nintendo contest 2 years in a row at a local festival. Most points in SMB3 in 5 minutes was the contest.

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    I lived within 5 miles of Disneyland, but had never been there. In 1968 my family moved to Fresno (several hundred miles away). I was 13 and got a paperboy job in Fresno. At the first paperboy meeting, I won an overnight trip to Disneyland.

Coincidentally, that led to the first time a girl ever slapped me. Tried to kiss her on the Pirates of the Caribbean.
  • Lutielu
    Lutielu Posts: 188 Member
    A brute of champagne. Mimosa City!
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    a signed janet jackson plaque lol...holding on to that one until she passes away.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    A bowling party for ten people (good only on weeknights) at a place that went out of business before I ever got around to using it.