Starting C25K TODAY!

Options
12346»

Replies

• girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    tasch79 wrote: »
    I will be doing Week 5 Workout 3 tonight. Bit nervous. Seems a big jump from Workout 2!!
    Feel free to add me! :smile:
    It's a big jump. There's no denying it. My advice? Don't be afraid to slow down. Better to slow down and achieve the time, than have to stop to catch your breath. That's what I did. My week 6 day 3 (22 minutes) isn't until Tuesday as I did Stronglifts this morning. Gives me a few more days to rest and build up to it.
  • summerdaze120
    summerdaze120 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I am doing W5 D3 today - nervous!
  • Hannahlosing
    Hannahlosing Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm glad I found this thread I'm a wee bit behind some of you just starting week four! :smile: loving it so far though! Such a good feeling when you finish a run!
  • summerdaze120
    Options
    So I wasn't able to complete week 5 day 3, just felt sluggish with TOM. I plan on trying again though:)
  • tasch79
    tasch79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I managed week 6, workout 1 tonight. Felt good! Workout 2 and 3 looks a bit daunting though but I'm ready for the challenge! @girlinahat I might use your advice and slow down for workout 2 and see how I go.
  • Marikanna
    Marikanna Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    @Hannahlosing I just did W4D1 today. I thought it felt great too!

@summerdaze120 way to listen to your body! You'll be stronger for having waited I'll bet. I had a back spasm for two days but I am now getting back into it. Going carefully!

@tasch79 I go really slow. I am 50# overweight and slow and steady had always been my motto. I aim for finishing the time first, next I'll increase my distance and finally I'll increase my speed.
  • Hannahlosing
    Hannahlosing Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Slept through my alarm today runners ... Whoops!! Looks like I'll be doing my run tonight
  • summerdaze120
    Options
    @Hannahlosing I did the same thing! I over slept an hour :o Tomorrow I WILL get up at 6am :p
  • girlinahat
    Options
    Must be a thing....had a bad night unable to sleep so have postponed my run until tomorrow...
  • summerdaze120
    Options
    Got up at 5:45am today and did my morning ab circuit (15 minutes). Hitting the gym later today for that 25 minute run :D This time I got it down!
  • mynameisbobbielynn
    mynameisbobbielynn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I found that in the c25k that if you can't continue to the next week that's OK! Don't give up! Just repeat the week you CAN do until you can move on! You guys can do this!
  • summerdaze120
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Finally completed Week 5 Day 3! It was daunting but I did it running the entire 20 minutes :) I did have to drop my speed from 6.0 mph to 5.0 mph but that's alright, as long as I did my best. I had sweat dripping from my face - felt good!
  • girlinahat
    Options
    Wk 6 day 2 today. 2 sets of ten minutes with a 3 minute walk. Found the first run harder than the second but nearly had to cut the second run short because I had to get to work early. Glad I didn't though!

And there were QUEUES for the showers!!! Damn the January rush!!
  • Marikanna
    Options
    Lol!
    girlinahat wrote: »

And there were QUEUES for the showers!!! Damn the January rush!!

Lol
  • ecobiorah
    ecobiorah Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just completed W7D1 today. The beginning of the run was quite tough but midway, it became more manageable. Really helps with building endurance. Any runners in Central Jersey who might like to run together can let me know.
  • summerdaze120
    Options
    Week 6 day 1 done!! Was able to keep my pace at 6.0 mph for running and 3.3 mph for walking. Cannot believe I'm almost done with the program!
  • girlinahat
    Options
    Week 6 day 1 done!! Was able to keep my pace at 6.0 mph for running and 3.3 mph for walking. Cannot believe I'm almost done with the program!

wow. well done on those speeds!! I'm still down on 4.8mph for my run speed, although maybe I should drop my walk as it's a high 3.7mph.

Interestingly I was reading some advice that said that all elite racers run at 180 steps per minute (by step they mean each time the foot hits the floor, so in cadence terms it's 90) and that this is the most efficient. If you want to go faster, you lengthen your stride, but keep your step rate the same. It makes sense. I was on about 170 steps per minute so that's not bad.

Week 6 day 3 this morning - a full 25 minute run session. And I forgot my water, so was slightly worried about that. But you know what? I was enjoying the run so much I kept going for a minute longer. Could this be the turning point that makes me into someone who ENJOYS running?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    good job :)

@girlinahat I don't know when it changed for me but now i get cranky when i don't run.
  • Marikanna
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »

Interestingly I was reading some advice that said that all elite racers run at 180 steps per minute

Could this be the turning point that makes me into someone who ENJOYS running?
    Haha I know! Sometimes I even SMILE while I'm running!

I run super slow but try to get the 180 step cadence also. It makes me feel lighter on my feet.

Great job everyone! Keep at it!

I just did W4D2. I'm a little behind my schedule due to a back spasm earlier in the week and my perfectionist tendencies are trying to be OK with that!