Working Out in the Morning

Replies

• Kittyglo145
    Kittyglo145 Posts: 10 Member
    I also exercise before work and use to hit bottom early afternoon, power nap time. I was told to make sure to have protein every meal and if I have a snack include protein in it to. I thought I was eating way to much but eventually realized I had to eat smarter. If my snack is fruit have a handful of almonds too. :)
  • Jesikuh094
    Jesikuh094 Posts: 48 Member
    My calories vary,roughly between 1500-2000. I dont get off until 7 in the evening so I have to eat a loate dinner. You guys are awesome, I really appreciate the advice.

So, what are some good food items that are full of protien I can eat on my break at work?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i like cottage cheese and fruit or nut butter and fruit or greek yogurt or an egg and meat english muffin/pita
  • Jesikuh094
    moyer566 wrote: »
    i like cottage cheese and fruit or nut butter and fruit or greek yogurt or an egg and meat english muffin/pita

Awesome, thank you! :)
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    caffeine.
  • jacksonpt
    Jesikuh094 wrote: »
    beastier wrote: »
    beastier wrote: »
    Less time to talk myself out of it so first thing workout works for me.

I'll usually have some food before if I'm working one of the bigger muscle groups or going for a longer session (either done bran flakes or a double egg muffin)

All I do is run on the treadmill and use the elliptical some, too. Nothing extensive.

Probably wouldn't eat anything before then if you're doing cardio - you'll get into your fat burning zone quicker that way - unless you really need something to get you going

I don't need to eat but breakfast is the most important.

most important for what?
  • Jesikuh094
    It's the most important meal of the day haha
  • jacksonpt
    It's the most important meal of the day haha

I disagree.
  • Jesikuh094
    To each their own, I guess. I dont feel good if I dont eat in the morning.
  • jacksonpt
    To each their own, I guess. I dont feel good if I dont eat in the morning.

That's fine... then it's important for you. But the whole "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" pitch is nonsense. Cals at 8am aren't any different than cals at noon or 8pm.
  • thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    Breakfast is most important because everyone eats breakfast! haha First meal of your day "breaks your fast" doesn't matter if it's at 5am, 12pm, 7pm lol
  • RowingBill
    RowingBill Posts: 36 Member
    girlinahat wrote: »
    Get more sleep.

Agree. It really makes a difference as long as it's a deep sleep.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    My calories vary,roughly between 1500-2000. I dont get off until 7 in the evening so I have to eat a loate dinner. You guys are awesome, I really appreciate the advice.

So, what are some good food items that are full of protien I can eat on my break at work?

I have been enjoying simple, plain greek yogurt. I know it's boring but a 90 calorie yogurt is fat free and has 15 grams of protein. It's a great snack, you can always throw 3/4c of multigrain cereal into it to make it a complete breakfast.
  • Jesikuh094
    Yeah, I see how that makes sense! Lol :)
  • Jesikuh094
    StacyChrz wrote: »

I have been enjoying simple, plain greek yogurt. I know it's boring but a 90 calorie yogurt is fat free and has 15 grams of protein. It's a great snack, you can always throw 3/4c of multigrain cereal into it to make it a complete breakfast.

That is a great idea, thank you!
  • JQuinnLife
    JQuinnLife Posts: 102 Member
    I always workout in the morning before work and I feel great for the first 4 hours or so into my *kitten* but then I get hit with a wave of drowsy and I can't seem to shake it.

Any suggestions?

Ketogenics

Carbs make you tired, if you eat low fat and low protein, your body doesn't have the proper energy reserves to keep you going through your day.

Consider not eating carbohydrates for a month to test out the theory.
  • laurainottawa
    laurainottawa Posts: 64 Member
    StacyChrz wrote: »

That is a great idea, thank you!

I love doing this, and also adding in some fruit. I pack my yogurt and frozen fruit in the morning, and leave it out of the fridge so that by the time I'm eating it, the fruit has melted.
    I also picked up Kelloggs' protein cereal to top it with.
  • Jesikuh094
    Nage3000 wrote: »
    I always workout in the morning before work and I feel great for the first 4 hours or so into my *kitten* but then I get hit with a wave of drowsy and I can't seem to shake it.

Any suggestions?

Ketogenics

Carbs make you tired, if you eat low fat and low protein, your body doesn't have the proper energy reserves to keep you going through your day.

Okay, I can try. I dont know how well I will do!
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Try green tea (without sugar) with slice of lemon. When I know I'll be having a long day I make my self half a litter of green tea, put some lemon slices in, let it cool and drink when I feel drowsy.
    Start drinking it 3 hours into your shift, so you beat the 4 hour drowsiness.
    If that doesn't work then maybe you just need some post workout snack to regain the energy.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Nage3000 wrote: »

Any suggestions?

Ketogenics

Okay, I can try. I dont know how well I will do!

this is not necessary. carbs are not bad.

really, you can just try caffiene, more sleep, check for anemia, etc