C25k - the first 20 minute run......

Options
snowy_sk
snowy_sk Posts: 117 Member
I was DREADING it! But..... I did it!!!!!! and I feel SO proud of myself. Just can't believe that I, the girl who has never been able to run for more than 1 minute, can now run for 20 whole minutes!!!!! Wooooo hooooooo!!!

Replies

• ginmo333
    ginmo333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!! That is the best feeling ever! I never was a runner either.... I know exactly where you are coming from! I would be huffin and puffin after 3 seconds even, feeling like i was going to die....now I am up to 15 minutes no biggie :) LOVE that feeling!!
  • sooh2011
    sooh2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I was dreading it too and googled every C25K, W5D3 comment I could find....I read lots of things that said, "trust the programme, you can do it" and it seems to be right doesn't it? It seems like such a jump but you're obviously ready for it. Good luck with finishing the programme.
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    Good for you!!! Running is almost always more mental than physical. If you can keep from psyching yourself out, u can usually achieve the next milestone, wither its 5 mins, 20 mins or 5 miles... Way to go!!!
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!!! I remember that feeling. I started the C25K at 233 pounds and thought I would die running for a minute. Getting to the point of running 20 minutes, then 30 and so on is an amazing feeling of accomplishment.

SO proud of you. Go, go, go!
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!

Everytime I run I dread it but feel so great afterwards!!!
    You can do it!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    I was DREADING it! But..... I did it!!!!!! and I feel SO proud of myself. Just can't believe that I, the girl who has never been able to run for more than 1 minute, can now run for 20 whole minutes!!!!! Wooooo hooooooo!!!

Glad to hear this, I've got D3 week 5 and the dreaded first 20 min effort coming up tomorrow morning!!!!!!! :smile:
  • NicoleRN2013
    NicoleRN2013 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Outstanding!!! Keep it up :)
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options

Glad to hear this, I've got D3 week 5 and the dreaded first 20 min effort coming up tomorrow morning!!!!!!! :smile:

Oooooh...I remember dreading that week and day! haha. You CAN DO IT!
  • bluemoon_2425
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!! I just completed W1D1 yesterday! I have a long way to go, but am trying to stay motivated! Thank you!!! Good job!! Keep up the good work!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

I can totally relate. It is amazing what our bodies can do when we really push ourselves, right? Great job!!
  • kluver42
    kluver42 Posts: 24
    Options
    Awesome job!! I felt the same way! I'm in the middle of Week 7 now, and at the end of each session, I'm always like "I CANT BELIEVE I JUST DID THAT WITHOUT STOPPING!!"

High five! :)
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Great! I just got back from my version of W1D2. I have been walking alot but am starting to add running intervals in. I do C25k for the first part of my walk around the lake (2.8 miles) some day I hope to run all the way around. However 20 minutes would be at least a third a mile or more and that would be amazing. You should be proud. I do Zumba for an hour but somehow running is daunting. Why is that?
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm so ashamed of myself. I got to the 20 minute run and never tried it. I was convinced I couldn't do it because I struggled with the 8 minute run. I did that one several times and then got a throat infection. Now it's been 2 weeks since I've ran at all :(
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options

Oooooh...I remember dreading that week and day! haha. You CAN DO IT!

Thanks for the support - well I was out there at 6.40am and I DID IT!!!!!! Whoop whoop!!!!!!! :happy:

Though I wanted to KILL Laura on the podcast when she announced that I'd only been running for 5 minutes, it felt a lot longer LOL!!!
  • atashap
    atashap Posts: 85
    Options
    :smile: Thats great I just hit week 3 yesterday and was dreading the 3 minutes and once I did I was so excited, bc when I started I couldnt run more than 38sec. But still have a long ways to go.:smile:
  • Monica_in_MO
    Monica_in_MO Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    That day in the c25k program was seriously one of the proudest moments of my life!! I completely shocked myself by running not only 20, but 24 minutes!! Great job. And maybe we ARE runners afterall?? : )