Weekends

Options
Man alive. Monday through Friday is so easy. The routine, the prepped meals, etc. Then I sleep in on Saturday and it's all out the window it feels.

How do you handle the weekends? (Don't go out with friends to restaurants? Meal prep? Exercise?)

Replies

• sshintaku
    sshintaku Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I know I will eat a little worse over the weekend, so I make a point to do longer, more intensive workouts. I also try to limit myself to ONE splurge. If I'm going out to brunch on Saturday, I'm not doing happy hour Friday.
  • DiviturLabimur
    DiviturLabimur Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I love the weekends. I usually get up just a little later then on the weekdays. I don't have an alarm set so I wake up on my own. I start the day with some coffee and a light breakfast usually some turkey bacon, eggs and apple slices. I do a lot around the house on the weekends, fixing this and that, cleaning, etc... so by the time I get to lunch I've already worked off breakfast. Lunch is usually just a sandwich with almond butter or a tuna melt. For dinner I usually have steak. I find that the weekends I usually end up eating less and find myself having to look for extra calories to balance out my macros. As far as cardio goes, I do a brisk walk for about 30 min. I also have the added advantage of being an anti-social introvert so I don't keep a lot of friends and don't really leave the house unless I have to.
  • yazmizzie8
    yazmizzie8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I find it not hard to have my friends eat in front of me...YET. What I do find hard is not being able to drink alcohol because it's senseless calories but I like it :(
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    If it weren't for weekends I'd probably starve. An over statement, sure, but, I undercut my week day calorie intake a shade to "bank" them, the calories, for the weekend. I do a morning, Saturday, workout, something different than the week days just to be different, have it be different and thereby making it more doable. Sunday is my "rest" day. Don't spend it on the couch, just don't do any "formal" workouts.

I don't go "hog wild". I still log and monitor my food intake, but I have found, as I have progressed along this endeavor, that I don't "like" overeating as much as I used to. Was a time when eating an entire pizza was normal. Now, two slices and I'm ready to stop. I've begun to understand that I CAN live off my allotted net calories.
    This is actually quite liberating.

Weekends are really just more of the same thing, perhaps without as strict compliance. You really want to get yourself to a point where, after a period of time of "strict compliance" you will more instinctively know what you should and shouldn't do. You'll know before hand that you are about to overindulge and then YOU can make a conscious decision whether you will or will not.

Restaurants are not the devil. They do serve food, good food, that will keep you within your calorie goals. Once you see this and enjoy that, life gets easier. You can still plan and prep meals during the weekend and you can still monitor what you are eating and you can STILL, doing all of this, ENJOY your life. It take practice and commitment but it is doable and does get easier.

Enjoy your life, good luck
  • angelamy1977
    angelamy1977 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    For me- weekends have always been the hardest when I've dieted. Being at work 8 hours a day with little access to food except what I bring with me makes it much easier to follow my plan. Weekends where I'm at home with a teenage son who is ALWAYS eating makes it much harder to stick to my plan. I do find that I try my hardest to only have one splurge meal a day on weekends- and instead of punishing myself I allow it. That way I don't go all crazy that I broke my diet. If I go to restaurants- I get what I want but within reason...would I LOVE a cheeseburger & fries??? Heck yes. But I get one or the other and don't eat all of what I get (example- a cheeseburger with a salad or broth based soup or veggies- leave at least 1/4 of the burger uneaten or get a healthier sandwich with fries and eat half of the fries instead of all of them). This helps me not become a social outcast (oh no... I can only eat my pre-prepared food out of this Tupperware :wink: ) and lets me cut loose a little.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I work my butt off hard all week, but come Friday at this moment, I am into the wine, then I eat whatever I want and drink whatever I want for the weekend, I still exercise hard, works for me.I PLAY HARD, WORK HARD AND PARTY HARD.
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm with you... weekends are tough. It's hard to not go to a bar, watch football or soccer, pound a few brews, chase that with fries, and on and on and on. I make myself run first thing in the morning, makes it harder for me to justify overly indulgent decisions then. "Harder" not I don't do it all lol. I just have a "harder" time ordering that first beer.