NSV - lost weight while only eating out for 6 weeks!

Options
k8bugz
k8bugz Posts: 64 Member
I recently returned from a 6-week trip across the US (for work), where I basically didn't stay in one place more than two nights and ate at restaurants for every single meal. I didn't have regular access to a gym, but did go running basically every other day, walked a lot (but was in the car for several hours nearly every day), and also got to go on several amazing hikes in some of the most beautiful areas of this country.

I'm happy to report that I lost around 8lbs while doing all of this! So far I've lost around 18 lbs since starting to use mfp and track calories.

It's less weight than I would have wanted to lose during this period if I had been home, but honestly my goal was not to gain any weight. I wasn't sure how easy it would be track calories (it wasn't, a lot of guessing, and I wasn't perfect at it but was fairly diligent). I made a point to not eat at a lot of chain restaurants, which made it more difficult to track calories, but I got to experience some amazing local foods and flavors.

So not only was the trip an amazing opportunity, it's punctuated by the fact that I could do it while maintaining a healthy lifestyle! I did indulge, for sure, but in moderation. But now I am happy to be home, to be in my own bed, go to my own gym, and mostly to be able to cook my own food and not have to eat every meal out, by myself.

Replies

• Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I actually think that this is the most amazing thing I've read on this site. WELL DONE!
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    That is impressive! Nice work!
  • mandysue1980
    mandysue1980 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    That's incredible! Great job!!!
  • MaruManic
    MaruManic Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thats something to be proud of. :)
  • Quierstina
    Quierstina Posts: 201 Member
    Options

I'm happy to report that I lost around 8lbs while doing all of this! So far I've lost around 18 lbs since starting to use mfp and track calories.

It's less weight than I would have wanted to lose during this period if I had been home, but honestly my goal was not to gain any weight.

Considering your circumstances that is awesome. Congrats :smile:
  • hello_kitty3
    hello_kitty3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! I know I always have trouble when I'm out of town.
  • CASue13
    CASue13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Even NOT considering the circumstances, this is amazing. We returned from a week's trip and I was excited because I only gained 1.8 pounds!! I've since lost that, but your dedication is awesome!!!
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I did something similar for Feb, and had to eat out every meal all month..I considered it a miracle I didn't gain wt..I actually lost 2 lbs. But you're an inspiration!
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That is incredible and what a fantastic experience for you!!!
    Keep up the great work!
  • dru_howard
    dru_howard Posts: 47
    Options
    This is fantastic. If you can not only maintain but lose in these circumstances you have set yourself up for nothing but success!!! Congrats to you!!!
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    Bloody hell - go you!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Good lessons to all! Those local restaurants need tourists and their food is often much healthier and utilizes fresh foods.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Great! I know that I have a difficult time eating and staying active when on the road!
  • bwyne03
    bwyne03 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Just proves that moving your body really does produce results! And it's nice to know that its possible to go on vacation and enjoy yourself instead of obsessing over food!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!