Appetite Suppressant

Options
13»

Replies

• kiara1066
    kiara1066 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well chewing gum helps me feel less hungry not sure how gum chewing would affect you OP. I am no expert, but as others mentioned drinking water helps!
    54363683.png
  • turtleskates
    turtleskates Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I recently started taking a medication for reasons unrelated to dieting, but one of the side effects of it is decreased appetite. Honestly, based on my experiences with that, I don't recommend appetite suppressants for weight loss. For me, it's made it a lot harder to eat healthily, because I end up not remembering to eat all day, and then having a bunch of candy or something else quick just to get up to my daily calorie minimum. It's not the best approach.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    If you're hungry, have an apple. Not hungry for one? Then you're not hungry, just bored.

So every time I'm hungry I should grab an apple? What kind of logic is this?

No, just a saying. If you're hungry, but not willing to eat something, then more likely you're wanting to eat out of boredom. If you can recognize that, a suppressant is unnecessary.

I feel this kind of tactic is good for kids, not a grown adult.

Why just kids? I think the fact most people here are trying to lose weight shows they at some point lacked the ability to responsibly regulate their own food intake so learning if they eat out of boredom is not exactly the dumbest thing to suggest and probably more helpful than "just drink water" or "just eat protein."
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    dmk1974 wrote: »
    Do any of you use an appetite suppressant? If so, which one has worked for you? Thank you!!

I used to struggle so much with appetite.
    You can take a few days and exclude fruit, sugar (track it and keep it at 15g or below), and eat only slow carbs for those days (lentils, brown rice, beans). It really cut that appetite issue for me.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    hekla90 wrote: »
    If you're hungry, have an apple. Not hungry for one? Then you're not hungry, just bored.

No, just a saying. If you're hungry, but not willing to eat something, then more likely you're wanting to eat out of boredom. If you can recognize that, a suppressant is unnecessary.

Why just kids? I think the fact most people here are trying to lose weight shows they at some point lacked the ability to responsibly regulate their own food intake so learning if they eat out of boredom is not exactly the dumbest thing to suggest and probably more helpful than "just drink water" or "just eat protein."

I'm just not a fan of this tactic.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options

I guess only tactics you are a fan of are helpful to others and the rest are for kids? Where's the logic in that lol...
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

I guess only tactics you are a fan of are helpful to others and the rest are for kids? Where's the logic in that lol...

Actually, I don't like it for kids either, but most of the time when my kids are hungry, they're looking for junk food.

So it's 11:36 am and I'm hungry. Should I eat an apple? Or should I eat my regularly scheduled meal? I'M SO CONFUSED.

Get it? It's not a good saying. But you can like it if you want. Idgaf.
  • iammelli
    iammelli Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Protein like eggs and sausage keep me feeling full. As for pills I've heard great things about topamax but it didn't work for me but i was at the minimum dosage so it may have if it were increased. The problem was it could cause blindness and i was starting to have trouble with my eyes i got scared and stopped using it.Its often used to treat binge eating disorder and can help you lose weight but its not officially for weight loss. Thats just a side effects.

I was on topamax for migraines, it's horrendous you do lose weight however I had a stutter, painful numb hands and feet, brain fog, visual issues, I couldn't drink coffee, fizzy drinks, alcohol, just eat healthier and move more