Fear and Loathing in Kansas

Options
Hello Lovelies!!
Here we go again.
Approaching 57, needing to lose 100+ lbs, choking on the fear that I will fail once again.
NO. NOT THIS TIME DAMNIT!!
Grant me the strength and motivation to do this!
MFP ALL THE WAY!!

Replies

• Deej1020
    Deej1020 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You got this! Stay focused! Add me as a friend! I really try to motivate my friends on here. It's hard work! Let's go!
  • tomfam18
    tomfam18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We are with you. I joined this challenge today to help keep me on track. It costs $20 to join, but there is prize money as well. Since I'm competitive by nature, thought I would give it a try.

https://www.meltdownchallenge.com/teamchallengedashboard/challengeinformation/2022/ODc3MjA=
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Have you figured out what must change to be successful this time?
    If no realizations, kind of hard to just hope it'll turn out different.

Perhaps those realizations can be encouraging to others, things they need to focus on too.
  • SusieQube
    SusieQube Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Heybales: U R right, I need to examine what's going on in my head too.
    I won't be successful if I don't get my brain me tally & emotionally fit too.
    Thanks for your candor
    Sue
  • jonsmithkidd
    jonsmithkidd Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Don't think of needing to lose 100lbs if it's daunting, all you need to do to start is lose 1lb. Take one step at a time.
  • SusieQube
    Options
    I've done pretty good tracking my food. The exercise has been a challenge to do. My body doesn't move like it used to. Obviously, I'm not that same gal who lived in the gym 6 days a weeks, 2 hrs at a time.
    *sigh* I miss her
    Today I am 57 yrs old and I hv decided that this is the year I drop 100 lbs. I've lost 8lbs so far. Long way to go, but one lb at a time I guess.
    I want to get to a point where exercise is a part of my life; so much so that I look forward to it & my day isn't complete unless I have moved!!
    Right now I have tears running down my face when I do my 10 cardio w/Jessica Smith or (whoever that gal is.) Pathetic.
    Onward & upward I must go.
  • SusieQube
    Options
    Don't think of needing to lose 100lbs if it's daunting, all you need to do to start is lose 1lb. Take one step at a time.

I hear ya!! 1 lb at a time. My heart wants this. My head and body are on another planet!
  • SusieQube
    Options
    Welp, birthday has come & gone. I survived it. I'm officially effing 57!! I did eat a little cake & ice cream & even got a walk in. But talk about EMOTIONAL! Sheesh. Played Bowie tunes all day & anxiously on pins & needles wondering if my former employer is going to try to screw me out of unemployment benefits. Meanwhile, I get the news that a dear friend lost her battle w/cancer. Talk about wanting to eat your emotions!!!
    We survived. And as long as I live, I want to be the best version of me that I can. I have to. I'm alive and each day I have a chance.
    Susie
  • SusieQube
    Options
    SusieQube wrote: »
    Welp, birthday has come & gone. I survived it. I'm officially effing 57!! I did eat a little cake & ice cream & even got a walk in. But talk about EMOTIONAL! Sheesh. Played Bowie tunes all day & anxiously on pins & needles wondering if my former employer is going to try to screw me out of unemployment benefits. Meanwhile, I get the news that a dear friend lost her battle w/cancer. Talk about wanting to eat your emotions!!!
    We survived. And as long as I live, I want to be the best version of me that I can. I have to. I'm alive and each day I have a chance.
    Susie

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Tough things to make it through, all around. Realizing eating isn't the only answer is great first step.

But don't tie exercise to weight loss too much in your mind - because it's not.

Side effect of exercise is almost always water weight gain, at first.

To lose weight and hopefully just fat weight - you merely need to eat less than you burn daily. By a reasonable amount for it to be fat weight. Make it unreasonable if you want muscle mass gone too. And then repeat this next year probably.

If the exercise helps you burn enough daily that eating less is still a high enough goal to adhere to (rather eat 1500 with no exercise or 2000 with exercise and transform the body?) then by all means get in enough to help with that goal.

But don't think of exercise as for weight loss - it's for changing the body, no matter what the scale may be saying many times. About heart health and confidence.

Your comment of 6 days a week and 2 hrs a day screams misconception.
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    "Fear & Loathing..."? A fellow Hunter S. Thompson fan?