Squats is making my butt smaller?!

Options
Hi my name is Alexis! I'm excited to join this community and to finally get fit! I'm transitioning from a sedentary lifestyle to a more active one- and I know it will be a long journey but it will be worth it!

So I do have a question though, has anyone had the issue of LOSING THEIR BUTT FROM SQUATS?

I used to have a sizable , plump butt but no muscle and started doing squats to make it bigger. I also run - and I've noticed its getting smaller??

I want it to either return to its old squishiness w/o having to stop exercising or to increase in volume.

I've heard that I should try eating more fatty foods to gain more fat in my butt again but how can I balance that out and stay trim everywhere else?

If anyone has conquered this problem please let me know because it's a serious issue for me.

Thank you! :)

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    If, like most people here, you are losing weight, then that is what is making your butt smaller. Sadly, we cannot choose where the fat will come off. In your case it is coming off your butt primarily at this point. That has nothing to do with squats as you cannot spot reduce. To build muscle you need to be squatting with weights, and you need to be eating at least at maintenance or better yet a small surplus.
  • LninYoDA1htownG
    LninYoDA1htownG Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I think maybe your *kitten* just got harder from the squats and its something u are not use to I was looking at Brazil butt lift results for my wife and that's all they do is squats and lunges they lost butt but gained shape it lifted and was firmer