Whats your supplements?

Options
What's up mfp. Anything to get better just seeing what people take on the daily to improve their well being. I kno w multi creatine whey that's life. Just throw my a few suggestions and y. Much love

Replies

• thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Birth control is the only thing I take to help improve my well being
  • LninYoDA1htownG
    LninYoDA1htownG Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well maybe I should try them for my well being lol
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I take birth control to help regulate my menstrual cycle, which I lost for a while as a consequence of an unregulated VLCD. My gyno also recommended I take a prenatal vitamin.

I use whey if I need protein or want a protein mug cake for breakfast.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I take a Flinstones vitamin and a mood supplement when my depression acts up beyond what talking therapy helps with. The mood supplement probably isn't necessary for everyone.
  • LninYoDA1htownG
    Options
    Naw spill it what's your mood supplement if its weed I can't do it cuz my munchies take over my self control don't believe me smoke and eat a apple then smoke and eat a snickers and tell me the diffrence
  • bawrlin
    bawrlin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fish oil. 4g per day.
    Melatonin 3mg most nights to sleep.
    Allergy pill when necessary.

Thankfully so far weed has not made me go off my plan too badly. The munchies have been controllable, and usually defeated with baby carrots.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Multi vitamin, vitamin d, whey, BCAAs, and creatine for me.
  • LninYoDA1htownG
    Options
    Yea I take the allergy pills for sleep and after cardio too but how do the bcaas work I hear about them all the time
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    BCCA's when working out fasted to prevent muscle breakdown. L-glutamine, L-carnatine, ZMA, Fish Oils, CLA.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    MSM/Glucosamine/Chondroitin triple strength-For knee issues
    Source Micro Max-For general health/micronutrients. It reduces my seasonal allergies to near zero.
    Women's daily multivitamin-for general health
    Vitamin I (Ibuprofen) as needed-for knee pain and TOM.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Protein powder and only if I'm going to be short on my protein macro that particular day.

I've tried just about every supplement and vitamin under the sun and firmly believe 99.9% of them are money-wasting garbage. I also feel better now that I don't swallow a ton of pills or powders.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Whey if I'm short on protein...other than that...nada.
  • MsLindaC2015
    MsLindaC2015 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Calcium, vitamin d, vitamin c when I start feeling sick,
  • finneyjason218
    finneyjason218 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? If you just want to be generally healthy what you are taking is probably enough. Might recommend a vitamin D3 supplement, as 90% of us Americans are deficient there. But you live in Houston, so even that might not be necessary.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I just eat food. I'm so boring.
  • finneyjason218
    Options
    BCAA's are Branch Chain Amino Acids - Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine. These are the most important aminos for building muscle. A lot of people take them during their workout to 'refuel' for the next set, however I have yet to see a single well preformed study that shows this practice does anything at all. Purely speculative - most things take a few hours to break down in your stomach, so maybe take them during lunch in preparation for an afternoon lift?
    Speculation aside, if you are looking to build muscle, you need these in your diet, but buying a BCAA supplement is probably not necessary (unless you are a vegetarian) - just eat more meat, or find a protein powder that is rich in BCAAs. Quality protein powders will list out their amino profile on the side of the container.
  • LninYoDA1htownG
    Options
    Not to sunny out here I've heard about vitamin d but I'm definitely going to get bcaas any in particular that you recommend
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    By the way, I take BCAAs as stated above and i AM a vegetarian. :) Most protein powders and protein sources contain these amino acids so it may not be necessary for you. I of course enjoy taking them.

My recommendation will be to get watermelon flavor no matter what brand you try. :smile:
  • finneyjason218
    Options
    I would not recommend any supplements beyond fish oil, and whatever micro nutrients may be lacking in your diet. If you find it is difficult to get enough protein (0.6 to 0.8 x your lean body mass in kg = bulking, 0.8 to 1.0 x your lean body mass in kg = cutting. Yes this seems low, and more will certainly not hurt you, but it's not going to help you either) then protein powders are good. I drink Carnivor beef protein. It has all the BCAA's and creatine you need already in there. BUT I only drink it because I am on a serious cut, were I bulking or maintaining I would take it out and just eat enough steak and chicken plus maybe creatine alone.

Important point here is that if you want to look like you belong on the cover of a fitness magazine, there is no over the counter supplement in the world that will get you there. Those guys have either great genetics, are on very high doses of steroids, or (most likely) both. But if you just want to work out and feel great, then just do that. Work out and you will feel great. No one needs overpriced snake oil powders to do that. The whole fitness industry is built on the lie that some mystery powder at GNC is going to give you steroid-like results. People see the guy on the bottle who is enhanced, and mistakenly assume that this $40 powder, which costs $3.50 to produce, is how he got there.

• LninYoDA1htownG
    Options
    Yea I don't buy into the miricale pill hype if that was the case america wouldn't be so obese i take a superfood pill called moringa. Any one ever heard of that? I take probiotic, another herb called tongkat ali that naturally boost test these herbs out of other country's are useful