Food rich in potassium and iron aaannnndd go!!

Options
I'm no where near to meeting my goals for these

Replies

• GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Potassium: banana, sweet potato, milk, yogurt, beans
    Iron: spinach, brocolli, liver, red meat
  • btucker9413
    btucker9413 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    GsKiki wrote: »

Awesome. Thanks girl. I'm going to have a sweet potato and some more spinach for lunch. What nutritional value does grilled catfish have?

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    In addition to the already mentioned; zucchini, most meats, Brussel sprouts, beets and broccoli are all good. I like to get Evolution Sweet Greens with Lemon (it's a bottled juice). The whole container has 100 calories and 1100 mg potassium. I drink it because I like it. :smile:
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    GsKiki wrote: »

Awesome. Thanks girl. I'm going to have a sweet potato and some more spinach for lunch. What nutritional value does grilled catfish have?

If you pull it up in the database, you should be able to see all the values for it.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,123 Member
    Options
    You are probably reaching your goal for potassium, but that won't show on MFP because potassium is not required on the nutrition information in the US and Canada (probably other places as well) meaning it is not there even for foods high in potassium. For example, spinach has lots of potassium, yet, when I purchase a bag of fresh spinach that includes nutritional information, more often than not, potassium is not listed. That means when I log that spinach no potassium will show up even though it is high in potassium.

The practical aspect of this is tracking potassium here at MFP is a complete waste of time. The value is not accurate in any way.