Skinny husband ...uugggghhhh!!!!

Options
My lovely husband can eat and eat and doesn't gain a lb. I eat a grape and blow up... So frustrating . . He is not the most supportive ,which makes it even harder :( I have been doing better now that the holidays are over but the temptation is always there . Just a quick vent! Sorry

Replies

• jandw122912
    jandw122912 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My husband is skinny as a rail and can eat anything he wants... I wish I could do that!
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My husband is very lean too. He eats nothing but junk, but is a whopping 140 lbs at 5 ft 6. That's about the best weight I've ever seen him at, he's been down to 125 at one point last year.
    It just makes my goal more motivating, I'm 3 inches shorter than him and dammit, I'm going to weigh less than him!
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @jazmynuluave ditto. I just breathe and realize we are made just how we are suppose to be. best wishes.
  • jazmynuluave
    jazmynuluave Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Girl I hear ya. It's like that with my family too. I guess I'm the " black sheep" both brother and one sister , all tall (over 6'4) and thin and then me 5'6 over 300
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    OMG I know I know- The worst! My hubby is cute though--- so really shouldn't complain.
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm the smallest of my siblings, but my 2 brothers aren't tall either, one is 5 ft 5 and the other is 5 ft 7. Our dad is over 6 ft lol, even mom is taller than me. Genetics are weird like that. My 12 year old son is 1 inch shorter than me now. That being said, in munchkinland, the 5 ft 6 husband is king :)
  • Tofuli
    Tofuli Posts: 79 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Boyfriend is 6ft2 and 140 pounds! He literally cannot put on weight, he even tried using mfp to gain weight and was eating upwards of 3000 calories and somedays 5000 and actually lost weight over the period... he's been tested for coeliacs and other conditions and eats a very healthy diet with lots of healthy protein and fats (basically what I do but we do him double portions) and snacks constantly.... so so infuriating. We are vegan but he had the issue as a veggie and as an omni too. I am only 4ft 11 and have to be very careful with portion control and calorie intake!
  • whatdietnext
    whatdietnext Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My hubby isn't skinny, but he's also not committed to losing weight right now. So he snacks a lot and still wants "bad" foods...it can be difficult! Good luck!
  • cyberiantigeress
    cyberiantigeress Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Mine is a toothpick too. He will bring out tho biscuits, chips, cheeses etc and of course I'd grab some chips too. :(
  • syntheticstar
    syntheticstar Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. My boyfriend is somewhere around 6'3" and last time he weighed in, he was 117lbs. He fluctuates between 112-120. He's tried to use MFP to gain weight and he just can't bring himself to eat as much as he'd have to to gain (even though he exclusively eats junk food).

Drives me batty.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I used to be like that and thought it was some sort of special power I had. Now that I am back where I used to be, through MFP I see exactly how I did it before even though my diary is full of what people would consider junk. This time though I may attention to my macro/nutrient mix. No problem whatsoever with calories.
  • KeepGood
    KeepGood Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! :D:D Hang around MFP for a while and you'll learn how the evil magic of Thermodynamicus works :wink:
  • lynnstrick01
    lynnstrick01 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    KeepGood wrote: »
    Love this thread! :D:D Hang around MFP for a while and you'll learn how the evil magic of Thermodynamicus works :wink:

yeah, what he said,,

My hubby at 60 yrs old eats like a horse.. (a big one) but he has an extremely physical job, burns it all off. I have also heard, (dont know if it is true but makes sense to me) that because men just typically have more muscle mass than women ( i know there are exceptions).. their bodies just naturally burn more calories than women
  • pjwood1967
    pjwood1967 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Omg this sounds like a group for me! Same husband has the fastest metabolism and I am so jealous size 30 waist if he gains 5# he then drinks bud lite for a week then goes back to regular bud next week. I have an open diary please add me as a friend. Also have a LCHF or keto recipe board on pinterest @pjwood0317 with some very good ideas especially the cloud bread because I can't eat a hamburger or sandwich without the bread.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options

yeah, what he said,,

My hubby at 60 yrs old eats like a horse.. (a big one) but he has an extremely physical job, burns it all off. I have also heard, (dont know if it is true but makes sense to me) that because men just typically have more muscle mass than women ( i know there are exceptions).. their bodies just naturally burn more calories than women

yes, maybe about 10% higher.
  • jazmynuluave
    jazmynuluave Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Th
    My hubby isn't skinny, but he's also not committed to losing weight right now. So he snacks a lot and still wants "bad" foods...it can be difficult! Good luck!
    It's makes it harder for sure .

yeah, what he said,,

yes, maybe about 10% higher.

Ya my hubby has a very active job too . Thanks for your kind words :)
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    My husband is the same. Eats like he's never seen food before. In 15 years he has gained 10 pounds, he's now 130 at 5'5" with a 29 waist. He loves me anyway, thick or thin. I'm 5'7" and my lowest was 140, and I look skeletal at that point. 150 suits me better, and I'm about 40 away right now.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is skinny too. He can eat high calorie meals, but I notice he does not eat very OFTEN. He can go way longer than I can without eating. We were together over christmas and I also noticed I snack and probably consumed way more calories than him....sorry I don't know what the point of that was.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    My boyfriend is skinny too. He can eat high calorie meals, but I notice he does not eat very OFTEN. He can go way longer than I can without eating. We were together over christmas and I also noticed I snack and probably consumed way more calories than him....sorry I don't know what the point of that was.
    you make a pretty good point. There is nothing magically about it once you start looking at the finer details.
  • Redbella
    Redbella Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My hubby is like that too. I used to tell him he made a deal with someone so I gain all the calories he eats. Luckily for me he loves me no matter what my size is. I just want to lose weight to be healthier and stick around longer. Otherwise he is going to be a widower at a very young age..... :(