I binged :(

Options
I was doing so well but I just couldn't take it any more and I binged. I ate 2 pieces of pizza, a pack of corn nuts that has 520 cal., and a big glass of prossesed orange juice. I feel like a failure! What should I do? I don't want to give up on my weight loss journey but I feel like all the progress I made went to the trash in one night.

Replies

• 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Log it and get right back to it the next time you eat. Don't use this as an excuse to eat even more. Doubt you undid your progress with that amount of food. Especially if you get right back to it. Don't beat yourself up. That won't help.
  • stacynoell
    stacynoell Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Start fresh...not a big deal...its not religion, you don't need to repent...
  • SBHWeav
    SBHWeav Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Log it, take a breath, and move on. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and go back to your nutrition plan as soon as possible.
    If you have a flat in one tire, you fix it and move on. You do not slash the other 3 tires and abandon the car.
    We are human and we are prone to fail. We have to learn from our mistakes.
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you didn't binge. you just fueled up for an extra hard workout tomorrow morning
  • OpinionatedCyborg
    OpinionatedCyborg Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The only way this will make you give up is if you criticize yourself. Try to plan ahead and eat right so you don't have cravings to binge.
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    stacynoell wrote: »
    Start fresh...not a big deal...its not religion, you don't need to repent...

Forgive me father, for I have scarfed.

I think at one point or another, just about everyone has a moment of weakness. Chalk it up to a learning experience and drive on. Then next time you're tempted to binge, remember how binging made you feel, emotionally and physically (especially if it gave you a gut ache). :)

Pre-plan for events where you know it's super tempting to binge. I have a big event coming up next month, and I know our friends are going to pour alcohol down me until I can't feel feelings anymore. Totally going to allot how much I am going to drink (I'm a cheap drunk anyway) and watch it closely. I will probably go over, because drunk me has no willpower, and that's ok because it's only once for probably next 6-8 months that i'll have any kind of alcohol.
  • bigbodybake
    bigbodybake Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    susan100df wrote: »
    Log it and get right back to it the next time you eat. Don't use this as an excuse to eat even more. Doubt you undid your progress with that amount of food. Especially if you get right back to it. Don't beat yourself up. That won't help.

This is exactly right. Look, none of us are perfect, one night of eating, and having fun is not going to hurt your weight loss. Looking at it as if you've ruined it, that will destroy the work you've done. Move on, and get back to work. You're good
  • MyBoyG
    MyBoyG Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    susan100df wrote: »
    Agreed!

• soloriocindy756
    soloriocindy756 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! You guys made me feel so much better! I was so close to giving up, but you guys made me realize I should move past it and continue with my progress. Thanks! :)
  • hmoss619
    hmoss619 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sad to say, two pieces of pizza, oj, and some corn nuts wouldnt have been that big of a binge in my world, ha. You are doing the right thing by acknowledging it and getting right back to the grindstone!
  • Rabidrunner
    Rabidrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    OMG you beat me to it. That's not a binge, that's just a poorly planned meal. You'll be A-OK and don't beat yourself up. Drink lots of water and forget about it.
    hmoss619 wrote: »
    Sad to say, two pieces of pizza, oj, and some corn nuts wouldnt have been that big of a binge in my world, ha. You are doing the right thing by acknowledging it and getting right back to the grindstone!

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,191 Member
    Options
    I was doing so well but I just couldn't take it any more and I binged. I ate 2 pieces of pizza, a pack of corn nuts that has 520 cal., and a big glass of prossesed orange juice. I feel like a failure! What should I do? I don't want to give up on my weight loss journey but I feel like all the progress I made went to the trash in one night.

Log it. Get back to eating within your calories.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    What is the difference between processed orange juice and non-processed orange juice??
  • katiekat2121
    katiekat2121 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had 2 double cheeseburgers and a large fry for dinner and some choc chip cookies. It happens, start fresh tomorrow and don't give up.
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Log it, tomorrow is another day :)
    just remember a day of healthy eating wont make you thin, and a day of unhealthy eating wont make you fat!
    Its about equal balances of food, maybe allow yourself more treats and dont be so hard on yourself, we are only human and over indulge sometimes <3
  • chastity0921
    chastity0921 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Was there a reason why you binged? It has really helped me to think of what was going on right before it happened. I have been to three fast food restaurants in a row to get my favorite foods from each. And went to 5 Publix's to find Raspberry Elegance cake.

:smile: Forgive yourself.
  • soloriocindy756
    Options
    What is the difference between processed orange juice and non-processed orange juice??

Well I don't know if there is any difference but I've been trying to stay away from mostly all prossesed food or beverages :/
  • soloriocindy756
    Options
    Was there a reason why you binged? It has really helped me to think of what was going on right before it happened. I have been to three fast food restaurants in a row to get my favorite foods from each. And went to 5 Publix's to find Raspberry Elegance cake.

:smile: Forgive yourself.

You know what you have a very good point there! I was feeling sad all day and I guess I felt temporarily happy with food :/
  • soloriocindy756
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support :)