Las Vegas!!!!

Options
SenoraMacias
SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
I'm getting married this year and spending part of my honeymoon in Vegas!!! Neither of us has ever been. Would love to hear from anyone who has been. Give me some suggestions on must-sees/must-dos. We're staying at Paris.

Replies

• mitymex
    mitymex Posts: 10
    Options
    Vegas is great and there is a ton to do there...I would say a must is to go to the Venetian Hotel and take the canal ride, they have one inside the Hotel and outside, so if the weather is not great you can always go inside. The fountains at the Bellagio are a sight to see... There is a ton to do in Vegas that is not real expensive.
  • dancinggirl81
    dancinggirl81 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Any Cirque show you see will be awesome.. O is classic... Zoomanity is FUN! If you are looking for happening night clubs... try LAX or Tao.
  • jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My Wife and I just went to Vegas for our anniversary, definately go to a Circe du Soleil but don't pay full price, there are several places along the strip were you can buy discounted tickets the day of the show. We saw KA it was insane. Getting around its easy there is a bus called the Deuce that runs up and down the strip 24hrs it also takes you downtown and to the outlet mall. its $7 for a 24 hour pass. Google free vegas, there are a lot of things to see that are FREE!.
  • dancinggirl81
    dancinggirl81 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You will also want to check out what's on display in the Bellagio lobby... they always have a fun exhibit.
  • copperdave
    copperdave Posts: 146
    Options
    Heading to Vegas Sunday for a week. Will be staying at the Tropicana (newly renovated), but I'll be happy to fill you in when I get back. Sending you friend request!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I agree that there is a LOT in Vegas that is not expensive. One of my Favorite things is going to Fremont Street at night to watch the light show. It is beyond AWESOME. If you have time, a trip to the Grand Canyon or The Hoover Dam is wonderful. You can book a tour ahead of time and they do all the driving and arrange for the food.
    And the Garden inside the Bellagio Lobby changes every season, it is free, and you can check out the Glass flowers on the ceiling as you go in.

A helicopter ride at sunset down the Strip is very romantic (and they provided the Champagne!)
  • texakin20
    texakin20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    FIRST- GREAT FOR YOU!!

I actually got married in Las Vegas in 1995 ( I won’t mention I am now divorced though. LOL)

Paris hotel is very neat. Great location to lots of action :))

You will have a ball! Both of you I mean, hehe. Oh I am sure you will spend time in your room <wink> but get out and check out the city. The neat thing is to go wander from hotel to hotel looking at all the differences, and all the themes. Need to see the fountains go off at night.

I have not been in a few years, but been several times. I know there are so many neat things in each hotel. Each one has some kind of lure to bring the tourists in. Maybe it is white tigers, maybe it is a huge fish tank, maybe it is a pirate show in the front yard, or a roller coaster around the building. Oh I also say you MUST go to down town Vegas once and see the light show there!! (the over head thing, forgot what it is called) near the Gold Nugget hotel (Oh go see the nugget inside too).

If you have many days, I suggest take a day trip to see Hoover Dam, That is pretty neat, but it is more laid back and if you are wanting fast pace.. stay in Vegas. Dam is neat, but takes awhile to get there etc.

Anyway if I think of anything else I will yell. I am been itching to go back!

Nancy :)
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I loooove Vegas!! Since you're stayin in Paris Paris you should definitely do the Eiffel Tower at night! The Bellagio fountains are gorgeous from above. One of my favorite places was actually in the Mirage- it's called minus5 ice bar and it's seriously ALL ICE!!! If you don't like the cold this won't appeal to you but I had a blast there! It's small and cold but it's entirely made of ice- including the glasses and everything! DO NOT eat at Circo in the Bellagio- blegh.
  • ashjf
    ashjf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hoover Dam was by far my favorite thing to do! It was a lot of fun. Also, Fremont street is pretty cool. Be sure to do the zip line! Cheap eats - Earl of Sandwhich. Check it out!
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I just got back from Vegas for the fourth time! The Pirate Show at Treasure Island is awesome and free. We saw Phantom of the Opera and it was quite good. Zumanity was awesome - fell asleep during O. The coolest thing I've ever done in Vegas is to take a nighttime helicopter tour of the strip. You can find it for $129 for two people and that is the coolest!!!! We did it on our first trip and there's no better way to get acquainted with Vegas!
  • texakin20
    Options
    I agree that there is a LOT in Vegas that is not expensive. One of my Favorite things is going to Fremont Street at night to watch the light show.

yeah.. FREMONT STREET! Thats what it is called. LOL
  • texakin20
    Options
    Oh, we went to a pretty cool magic show. Had reservations early before we went to Vegas and had front row seats.
    There will be tons of shows (as people are mentioning) so it is up to what ya'll like and want to do girlfriend!
  • jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    oh yeah you'll get free drinks if you are gambling, even the penny slots just make sure to tip your scandalously dressed waittress so they don't stop coming your way, its the cheapest way to drink, you'll see a bunch of drunks carrying 24 packs of budweiser up and down the strip to save some money - it was great. : )
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I've been there a couple of times now.
    When are you going? July/August you don't want to do much outside.

Freemont street (at night).
    Bellagio falls
    Cirque du soleil - We saw O and it was a great show.

If you wanted Helicopter rides above vegas (at night) are more entertaining than helicopter ride over grand canyon.
    Red Rock canyon was pretty cool to go see.
    Stratosphere - Few rides at the top. Great view of vegas.
    Mirage - Aquarium and animals at the back of the hotel.

Buffets everywhere.
    They have all day passes for the buses.

edit: Going back in October again, so looking for new ideas as well.
  • SenoraMacias
    Options
    I agree that there is a LOT in Vegas that is not expensive. One of my Favorite things is going to Fremont Street at night to watch the light show. It is beyond AWESOME. If you have time, a trip to the Grand Canyon or The Hoover Dam is wonderful. You can book a tour ahead of time and they do all the driving and arrange for the food.
    And the Garden inside the Bellagio Lobby changes every season, it is free, and you can check out the Glass flowers on the ceiling as you go in.

A helicopter ride at sunset down the Strip is very romantic (and they provided the Champagne!)

The Grand Canyon is actually the first part of our trip. We're spending the first 3 days in AZ checking out Flagstaff/Route 66/Grand Canyon!
  • SenoraMacias
    Options
    I've been there a couple of times now.
    When are you going? July/August you don't want to do much outside.

Freemont street (at night).
    Bellagio falls
    Cirque du soleil - We saw O and it was a great show.

If you wanted Helicopter rides above vegas (at night) are more entertaining than helicopter ride over grand canyon.
    Red Rock canyon was pretty cool to go see.
    Stratosphere - Few rides at the top. Great view of vegas.
    Mirage - Aquarium and animals at the back of the hotel.

Buffets everywhere.
    They have all day passes for the buses.

edit: Going back in October again, so looking for new ideas as well.

We're going in December
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I loooove Vegas!! Since you're stayin in Paris Paris you should definitely do the Eiffel Tower at night! The Bellagio fountains are gorgeous from above. One of my favorite places was actually in the Mirage- it's called minus5 ice bar and it's seriously ALL ICE!!! If you don't like the cold this won't appeal to you but I had a blast there! It's small and cold but it's entirely made of ice- including the glasses and everything! DO NOT eat at Circo in the Bellagio- blegh.

I too highly recommend watching the Bellagio fountains from the Eiffel Tower at night - just spectacular. And Ceasar's Palace is just magnificent - the shopping goes on forever and they have (or used to have, it's been a few years) an indoor attraction with animatronic statues of Roman gods that come to life to put on a show with fire and everything - very impressive.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Wear sensible shoes. Seriously. My husband and I were cracking up at all the women walking barefoot on the strip and holding their stilettos with their hands. Distances between hotels are very long and you do a lot of walking.
  • texakin20
    Options
    Wear sensible shoes. Seriously. My husband and I were cracking up at all the women walking barefoot on the strip and holding their stilettos with their hands. Distances between hotels are very long and you do a lot of walking.

My Mom went one year with us, and she got up at crack of dawn on day 2 to go to a drug store to by a heating pad for her back. LOTS of walking and it hurt her!! She brought wrong tennis shoes and just all the walking she said. So agree with this post! lol