Keep backtracking with food

Options
So lately I promised myself that I would shed a couple extra pounds I put on during the holiday season and I keep finding myself making excuses to eat more and not always healthy choices. I am choosing sleep over exercising and I feel lithargric because of that choice. I put on probably 5 pounds and I need and want to lose it. I make excuses like "oh it's date night" or "I walked a lot today at work". My boyfriend isn't the biggest motivation right now since he also hit a wall with his diet, he keeps back tracking if not more than me. I need more motivation to get up and be more and more active and stay awake. I'm trying to keep my house stocked with good healthy options but I always find a way back to my snacks that are not so healthy. Anybody have any tips to snap out of it?

Replies

• BeckyyyXxxx486
    BeckyyyXxxx486 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem id always tell myself "oh I'll start my healthy eating again next week" and exercising was really hard as I just felt it was no fun at all! But, what helped me eat a whole lot better was to not "diet" as I knew this would only last for a few months if that, with all my chocolate craving. So I decided to rather than "diet" as so many people do I decided to just cut out all the bad foods and replace it with healthier alternatives. Every Sunday would be my "cheat day" where I could eat whatever I wanted and the funny thing was I never gained weight from this I continued to lose it!! :)
    Exersice was much harder to overcome but I just got myself into the routine of getting up earlier and doing my workouts. I took pre- workout powder 30 minutes before and felt like I could run a marathon!! Sometimes my and my friends would go to the gym together which sort of gave both of us the support and motivation. I hope this helped a little :) xxx