Losing 50 by June 2016!!

Options
13»

Replies

• dilhun77
    dilhun77 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I have a lot to lose and would love to lose close to that much by June/ July. I'm gonna b 39 in August need to get healthier
  • tedwards72
    tedwards72 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would love to lose 50 by june... If you want to add me please do.. I love the support the people on this site is giving..
  • twosillycats
    twosillycats Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I'm 48, weigh 198 and hope to get down to about 160 (maybe more after that but want to stay at least somewhat realistic)by June for a family event and want a cute dress and to feel confident---not a huge dress and trying to hide myself because I'm scared of cameras! Having a hard time not obsessing with food ...thinking about logging, eating, not eating, if this time around I can really make a change, etc.
  • Angel0298
    Angel0298 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Please add me to the group I'm 52, gained 99 pounds on medicine and have currently lost 47 pounds. I would love to lose the rest by June or even the end of July because my son is getting married in October. I'm getting too old for this stuff. I was diagnosed D2 but that's dropped to pre-diabetic after losing weight. My doctor and I think normal may be just around the corner. Anyway, I need time to buy my gown, have any alterations done because we're going to spend a week in Germany before we fly to Ireland for his wedding. I'll be turning 53 a month before the trip and I want this weight gone forever!
  • Angel0298
    Angel0298 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Several posters have brought up the fact that this is setting a specific amount of weight to lose by a specific date and that's not a good thing to do. It's true that it may or may not happen. I'll tell you from prior experience, when I was much younger, the last 10 pounds can take forever to lose. We just have to be prepared to lose what we can lose in that amount of time but not get disappointed if we didn't reach our goal and give up. You lose more weight when you're heavier, you obviously lose more at first, you may lose 2 pounds, 1 pound, 1/2 pound or even gain some weeks. There's the nasty plateau and if you don't have much to lose, it gets harder which gets us back to those final 10 pounds. I am aiming for my goal but I'm shooting to lose as much as possible by mid-August. We'll all reach our goals, hopefully in June, but if it takes this entire year, or longer, and we lose the weight then we've succeeded in the end. We'll just need to be here and congratulate the ones who make it and support the ones who need to keep going. I'm likely one who will need to keep going. I'm older, pre-diabetic, have hypothyroidism so it's more difficult for me. I'm still for setting goals and I'll do the best I can so I'm right here with you all the way.
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like:). I'm almost 44 and am in it to lose 20 by June..have a good 50 I'd like to lose overall but if I can lose 1 pound a week I will be thrilled:). It's hard!!!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    crb426 wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I feel like there are a LOT of posters also setting the 50 by June goal. I'm so worried many of you will be disappointed. That is a very big goal especially if you ONLY have 50 to lose. It's going to be tough, and not very realistic. Please try not to get your hopes too attached to that June deadline.

I'm with you. Calm down all of you. It's going to be very hard, almost impossible to lose 50 lbs by June. Only the very obese can lose enough a week to even think about it. Looking at your posting history, you are all fairly new to MFP. Read some of the introductory threads, especially the "sexy pants" thread to get you started. MFP is for healthy weight loss--yes, that means slower than you're thinking. You are setting up for a great fall. Having friends that "motivate" you won't be enough here. Set reasonable goals for yourself--don't buy into fantasy. Oh, and good luck to all of you. Nobody wants you to fail. We love success stories.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Angel0298 wrote: »
    Several posters have brought up the fact that this is setting a specific amount of weight to lose by a specific date and that's not a good thing to do. It's true that it may or may not happen. I'll tell you from prior experience, when I was much younger, the last 10 pounds can take forever to lose. We just have to be prepared to lose what we can lose in that amount of time but not get disappointed if we didn't reach our goal and give up. You lose more weight when you're heavier, you obviously lose more at first, you may lose 2 pounds, 1 pound, 1/2 pound or even gain some weeks. There's the nasty plateau and if you don't have much to lose, it gets harder which gets us back to those final 10 pounds. I am aiming for my goal but I'm shooting to lose as much as possible by mid-August. We'll all reach our goals, hopefully in June, but if it takes this entire year, or longer, and we lose the weight then we've succeeded in the end. We'll just need to be here and congratulate the ones who make it and support the ones who need to keep going. I'm likely one who will need to keep going. I'm older, pre-diabetic, have hypothyroidism so it's more difficult for me. I'm still for setting goals and I'll do the best I can so I'm right here with you all the way.

Very well said. :)
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    crb426 wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I feel like there are a LOT of posters also setting the 50 by June goal. I'm so worried many of you will be disappointed. That is a very big goal especially if you ONLY have 50 to lose. It's going to be tough, and not very realistic. Please try not to get your hopes too attached to that June deadline.

I'm with you. Calm down all of you. It's going to be very hard, almost impossible to lose 50 lbs by June. Only the very obese can lose enough a week to even think about it. Looking at your posting history, you are all fairly new to MFP. Read some of the introductory threads, especially the "sexy pants" thread to get you started. MFP is for healthy weight loss--yes, that means slower than you're thinking. You are setting up for a great fall. Having friends that "motivate" you won't be enough here. Set reasonable goals for yourself--don't buy into fantasy. Oh, and good luck to all of you. Nobody wants you to fail. We love success stories.

^^This.
  • larali1980
    larali1980 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I also want to lose close to 50. If I can do it by June that would be awesome. I am 36 with two kids. Add me :)
  • TanjoP
    TanjoP Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I also want to loose between 40-50 by June, overall about 80-90. Add me if you like!
  • KristinB2016
    KristinB2016 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great goal!! I want to lose roughly the same by that point!
    Anyone can feel free to add me! The more friends and support, the better!
  • dgoods82
    dgoods82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm in a different boat with the same goal in mind!
  • TracyN001
    TracyN001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am close in age as you, kids same age. I have similar goals. We can support each other