Gaining muscle HELP

Options
I really want to gain muscle..for the last 4 months all I did was cardio and that burned majority of the fat off of me now I want to gain muscle. what should I eat??? How much carbs and protein should I eat? What kind of carbs? Will i gain fat weight again since I have to eat more?

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Lift with progressive overload, 6-14 proper full range of motion reps per set. Approximately 10-20 sets per body part per week for hypertrophy.
    Eat at a caloric surplus of 250-500 cals a day, protein about .8-1g per pound of body weight. Then i typically aim for 300g of carbs a day, and fill in the rest with healthy fats. For carbs, aim for whole grains, fruits, veggies, oats, and brown/wild rice. Fats, olive oil, nuts/nut butters, avocados, coconut flesh. Yes you will gain fat eating at a surplus, unfortunate part of bulking, but you'll burn it off eventually.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,719 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Lift with progressive overload, 6-14 proper full range of motion reps per set. Approximately 10-20 sets per body part per week for hypertrophy.
    Eat at a caloric surplus of 250-500 cals a day, protein about .8-1g per pound of body weight. Then i typically aim for 300g of carbs a day, and fill in the rest with healthy fats. For carbs, aim for whole grains, fruits, veggies, oats, and brown/wild rice. Fats, olive oil, nuts/nut butters, avocados, coconut flesh. Yes you will gain fat eating at a surplus, unfortunate part of bulking, but you'll burn it off eventually.
    This would be spot on.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Limit carbs to 100/day, Protein to 25-30%, the rest Healthy fats. You be fine!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Eat all the food and lift some heavy stuff
  • ivyylam333
    ivyylam333 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That def gave me an idea of what I should do! One more question so at the end I'm going to have to gain some fat in order to gain some muscle right ??
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    ivyylam333 wrote: »
    Thank you! That def gave me an idea of what I should do! One more question so at the end I'm going to have to gain some fat in order to gain some muscle right ??

Yes. You can minimize it, but it will happen
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    ivyylam333 wrote: »

Yep
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »

Excellent answer!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Yep, you'll get the fat gains too but it will be worth it. And with a 250 calorie surplus it won't be so bad.
  • ivyylam333
    ivyylam333 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    For carbs should o be restricted to still be eating the healthy carbs or bad carbs should be okay too since I need to get more calories and all?