How to target my big butt!!??

Options
2»

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you can not spot reduce. im positive others have said this.

calorie deficit. cardio. strength training. but the weight will come off where it wants to come off, regardless of where YOU want it to come off. Also, your shape will always be your shape.

i will always be a pear. no matter whether i weigh 130 or 230. its just a smaller version of the same shape ;)

an... guys like hips and *kitten* so im good with that ;)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    SoCaLchick wrote: »
    @arditarose I feel the exact same way with my bottom now! I feel like my upper half and lower half could be two separate people lol. I even had a lady come up to me once and grab me by my waist and say "below this is negative energy". I was annoyed and kind of weirded out lol. But it's true, it looks like 2 totally different bodies.

Thank you for the advice. I will not skip the squats :)

People are crazy. Nothing negative about a bit booty. I love them.
  • Pauly187
    Pauly187 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am not seeing a problem...you look perfect...but charge on and good luck with your goal!
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Targeting areas for weight loss is a myth. I personally will lose weight from my torso and upper body long before i start to notice a change in my thighs or upper arms, but that is not something I can control. You CAN to exercises that will work your gluts ( exercise your butt muscles) which might give it more tone/shape but you will just have to be patient on the weight loss, it will come off when it comes off. In the meantime, since i have this problem as well, wrangler jeans have several styles that are designed for ladies who are a bit larger in that area, but still have smaller waists and thighs, they are very flattering.
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Standing instead of sitting for general health. Weightlifting for general health. All the butt work for a generally nice healthy booty as the weight comes off.
  • SoCaLchick
    SoCaLchick Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments and advice. I will continue to focus on overall weight loss :) and more than likely I will lose a little bit of weight from my bottom area as I lose weight overall.
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Being able to target fat is a myth. The only way to reduce fat in a certain area of your body is to lose fat everywhere.
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Blackdawn_70631 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is what you have to do. Butt exercises will build up muscle under your fat and give you a bigger butt actually.
    An intense cardio burn with a very good deficit will give you results.
    This I know by experience because I had a big butt. I was doing squats to keep my massive 47 inches which was working. But then I had to stop my squats cause my knees, still lost a bit more weight and my butt went to 43 inches. Which I personally hate.
    So I switched up to doing bridges, eating more and gained 1\2 an inch in my hips without gaining in my 31" waist or gained any weight.
    And then me, I don't feel embarrassed about my big @$$. I always retort back and say. "Do I look like a little girl?"
  • SoCaLchick
    Options
    Weight loss is what you have to do. Butt exercises will build up muscle under your fat and give you a bigger butt actually.
    An intense cardio burn with a very good deficit will give you results.
    This I know by experience because I had a big butt. I was doing squats to keep my massive 47 inches which was working. But then I had to stop my squats cause my knees, still lost a bit more weight and my butt went to 43 inches. Which I personally hate.
    So I switched up to doing bridges, eating more and gained 1\2 an inch in my hips without gaining in my 31" waist or gained any weight.
    And then me, I don't feel embarrassed about my big @$$. I always retort back and say. "Do I look like a little girl?"

Your "massive 47 inches" I'm sure looked much smaller compared to my massive 53". I am not ashamed or unhappy to have a curvy body though. I enjoy having curves, I just personally was mortified when I realized my butt was too big for a roller coaster. So that made me think.. This butt of mine is a bit out of control. Hence, the question if I could target this particular area.

But as it seems, I can continue to work on general weight loss and hope that some inches will come off of my bootie as well :)
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Most of these threads are about how to make people's butts bigger. This is new for me.

I have always had a "big butt." Weight loss will help; although with losing weight, you will most likely be the same shape. This happened to me when I lost weight through cardio. If you want to help change the shape of your butt, you need to incorporate squats, lunges, deadlifts, hip thrusts; preferably, weighted.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Like I said, I have a big booty and wide hips, too. Hips were 40" last January (43" after my baby) and now that measurement is 36.5". I always measure at the widest point which is also the widest part of the Glutes. Those exercises can build a butt for people lacking in the derrière dept. or shape what is under the fat for those of us who have too much. Deficit loses the fat so if you've been working on the muscles you will have a very shapely booty. I was scared of making mine bigger but that didn't happen. Got to lose the fat on top with deficit as so many here have said. You aren't going to lose your curves because bones but you will probably end up better proportioned. I have found lifting weights to be great for that. My upper body is balancing out my wider bottom half.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    @lisalsd1, so true. I remember well researching "how to make my butt smaller" in the forums and only finding people wanting bigger butts. Curves are "in", lol
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Sumiblue wrote: »
    Like I said, I have a big booty and wide hips, too. Hips were 40" last January (43" after my baby) and now that measurement is 36.5". I always measure at the widest point which is also the widest part of the Glutes. Those exercises can build a butt for people lacking in the derrière dept. or shape what is under the fat for those of us who have too much. Deficit loses the fat so if you've been working on the muscles you will have a very shapely booty. I was scared of making mine bigger but that didn't happen. Got to lose the fat on top with deficit as so many here have said. You aren't going to lose your curves because bones but you will probably end up better proportioned. I have found lifting weights to be great for that. My upper body is balancing out my wider bottom half.

^^^^ this is true for me too....I will always be a pear, but I'm only one dress size difference between top and bottom whereas before I was 2 or 3 sizes different.

All this because I'm watching what I'm eating but have switched from pure cardio sessions all the time to doing lifting routines....including squats and lunges etc.

Grab hold of a copy of new rules of lifting for women....and give it a go. You will always be blessed in the booty department but it can and will tighten up.

In the meantime, what's that negative energy nonsense ffs!! My best move was divorcing the man who for 25 years said "shift yer fat a r $e" and marrying someone who can't get enough of my amply cushioned behind haha!!
  • sarahbhurley15
    sarahbhurley15 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Did we just become best friends? I have struggled with being called thick (which is a word I despise) since basically middle school as well! I have hunted for ways to make my big butt smaller as well so thanks for making this post. We can do this!
  • SoCaLchick
    Options
    @sarahbhurley15 you and I need to work on calorie deficit and working out! ;)
  • SoCaLchick
    Options
    @kimiuzzell i was pretty shocked when that person grabbed me and said the nonsense of "negative energy" from my hips down. I had the fight the urge to tell her off. Lol
  • SoCaLchick
    Options
    In response to everyone saying to do squats and lunges, I will do my best :) I do have IT Band syndrome (diagnosed last year) and so I need to strengthen my leg prior to those specific exercises. Even walking up a flight of stairs tightens my leg and hurts for hours or days. My doctor told me walking and swimming for now.. And I've been breaking the rules and doing some yoga here and there, avoiding strain on my left leg.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Don't skip the squats/lunges etc!

Keep that booty perky!