Looking to lose weight but I hate diets!!!

Options
LusciousLili
LusciousLili Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi from Florida. I'm 33yrs old and looking to lose 50+ lbs in 5-6 months.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    No dieting, just log the foods you love but eat less of it.
  • Cheryl7777
    Cheryl7777 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You can't look at this as a diet but as a lifestyle change. Start with small changes and build on those. Small success lead to bigger success. You can do it.
  • louise71594
    louise71594 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    No dieting, just log the foods you love but eat less of it.

That's exactly how I am using this app. To help me make better food choices. Eventually the weight will come off but I'm not focusing on that which keeps me motivated.
  • apv83
    apv83 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I'm working on getting rid of 50lbs. My diary is open and I agree with the others its not a diet you need, just watch the quantity and how you prepare the food you like. Gradually you can add healthier foods into your everyday meals and snacks.
  • PanamaCaramelLatte
    PanamaCaramelLatte Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think there is a big pressure we put on ourselves when we think of the word diet...I think we have to remember that honestly, everyone is on a diet, because essentially a diet is how and what we eat. So once we have that in place, think of a lifestyle change. Modern day 'diets' seem temporary...fast results, short shelf life. Think..what changes can I make what what I eat now..that I can use forever? Simple small things, like using Truvia instead of sugar . Switching to whole grain bread instead of white, processed bread...
  • RunningMatt77
    RunningMatt77 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in diets, diets are short term. Healthy eating lifestyle change is what we are doing. A change or a new journey
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    No diet needed. There's no need to give up the foods you love. as long as you eat them in the correct portions. Weight loss comes down to cico. Calories in / calories out. Eat less then you burn and you'll lose weight.
    For me deprivation doesn't work. I couldn't imagine going low carb, paleo or anything else. So for me I just eat what I like, but use moderation and portion control.
  • LusciousLili
    LusciousLili Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice and motivation! You're all absolutely correct. I guess my frustration comes from the fact that I eat fairly healthy but I miss eating normal foods. What's good for you one day might be bad for you the next. I put myself on a 1,200 calorie limit per day, and I've been working on being more active. I struggle living in a house where the Man of the house and my 2 boys can eat whatever they want, and I'm always eating a healthy meal alone. I also get bored when it comes to eating healthy. I need cheap, healthy and simple snack and breakfast/lunch/dinner ideas.
  • davefromsask1
    davefromsask1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Lili, I don't diet either. I switched to more of a portion control plan and still eat everything I used to. So far I am down about 13 pounds. I'd be happy to have you as a friend, feel free to give me an add.