Homemade Salad Dressing - How to enter in the recipe database

Options
I have an Asian dressing that I make from scratch for salads, stir fry, etc. I've entered recipes into the database before, but how does one enter salad dressing? The recipe creator asks for the number of people it serves, but this is salad dressing - not a meal. Any ideas?

Replies

• maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    pick what you want the serving size to be (1 tbsp, 1 oz, 1 ml, 1 cup etc) and just remember what you pick. Measure out that the recipe in that measurement and create the recipe using that amount of servings.
  • DonaldBlinks
    DonaldBlinks Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You can also weigh out how much it makes in grams and use that as the number of servings. And then when you put it on your salad, weigh how much you used and that's your "number of servings"
  • KittyHeaven74
    KittyHeaven74 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good ideas. Thank you!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    You can also weigh out how much it makes in grams and use that as the number of servings. And then when you put it on your salad, weigh how much you used and that's your "number of servings"

This is what I do for everything I add to my recipes. It's easier than remembering what a serving was and you also don't need to do the math if you don't use a whole serving.