Can't stay motivated!

Options
I really need to lose weight! I'm tried of hating how I look and always feeling like crap, but I always end up without any motivation and now it just seems like a vicious cycle. I need some motivational friends! Anyone up for it?

Replies

• tag09060
    tag09060 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I want to do better and i feel terrible when i can't keep motivated with. My exercise
  • CampLondon
    CampLondon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    LEAN, MEAN, POP PILATES MACHINE. – Kiersten D’nae Turpin
    Read more at http://www.blogilates.com/blog/2012/05/11/my-top-motivational-fitness-quotes/#OmvX3rxI2C7tY7OX.99
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Don't look for motivation is certainly not always going to be there I was reading an interesting blog that said it's not about motivation it's about putting one step forward even when you don't feel like it then the feeling and confidence comes good luck I know you can do it!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You really have to come to a time where you want to keep motivated more than you want to feel that way still.

Start small by promising yourself you will log every single day, good or bad calorie wise for a month. See how you get on with that.
    Also is there anything that triggers you quitting?
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Work first. Motivation will follow.

I just forced myself to move. Then I saw results. Which motivated me to move more.

It's a better cycle to be in than the contrary.
  • MizzDeA
    MizzDeA Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I always try to find something that looks fun. Sometimes you have to treat yourself, I started off buy new little things to make me feel better during my workout. A cute new sweatband, bright colored drifit socks, whatever I could to get me out there. It's a constant battle but it does get easier.
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    It is all about setting achievable goals. If you want to include activity, make it something you enjoy. Some people like cardio, where others hate it. If you hate it you will get de-motivated from the word GO, and ditch it. Any exercise should help, but it is not a necessity. Get a step-counter, and up your amount of steps per day/week. Most important though is to keep in control of what you eat, and your calories, and that is something you can easily do, and should not require any motivation if you really want/need to shed the pounds. Rewards for achieving goals also helps
  • ivvassileva
    ivvassileva Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I feel ya... What works best for me is setting small goals - log my meals, work out every day, even if it's only for 30 mins at home. Also, I feel much more motivate since I got more friends on here, I no longer feel like I am alone in this and that really helps me. Good luck and remember that you are doing this for yourself, it's going to pay off :)
  • suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Motivation is nice and lovely, but discipline gets the work done. Like Nike says - Just do it.