Flavored water the same as water?

Options
So all I drink is water. I'll have some V8 Fusion once in awhile, but otherwise it's all water. I don't like pop or other stuff so I don't have many options! But I'm getting bored with water. Is flavored water the same as water as far as your water intake for the day? I really like the flavored waters from Wal Mart so can I start adding a bottle of that towards my water goal for the day?

Replies

• IzzyandBri_mommy
    Options
    I use Mio and it has no calories so it is the same. I'm not sure about the flavored water at wal-mart. I would think if it has no calories it would count as the same.
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    you just have to check the labels...some of them have calories/sodium...they are all over the place!
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    ♥ I started using the MIO Liquid Water Enhancer.. You can buy it anywhere.. Awesome flavors!! I have a problem of drinking just straight water throughout the day and this helps so much. I drink atleast 12 glasses a day.. I also like the Crystal Light to go packets. ♥
  • HeatherFeather10
    Options
    Check the sugar content, calories etc... Other wise adding Crystal Light to your water might work.
    Check them both out and see!
  • skinnyhappy
    skinnyhappy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I use fresh lemon or lime in mine. Gives it a nice hint of flavor and also helps keep your kidneys/liver functioning smoothly :)
  • momma_roo
    momma_roo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I use the flavor water packets that they sell at Walmart. It is basically generic crystal light and yes I count it as water ;)
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    i just put fruit in my water and its like a bonus because adds flavor to water and its a treat when u get to the bottom of the bottle or cup =)
    cherries plums peaches ect
  • donbet69
    donbet69 Posts: 133
    Options
    You will get a million opinions on this of course.

If you stick with "0" calorie flavoring such as MIO or Crystal Light to go packs, you should be fine. They have not had any adverse effects on me so far and I drink them in 80% of my water.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Yes, for water intake they are the same. If they contain other things like sugar, sodium, calories and you are tracking those then you should probably enter it as food too.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    ♥ I started using the MIO Liquid Water Enhancer.. You can buy it anywhere.. . ♥

Anywhere BUT Canada though... still waiting for it to come on up. Dam thing is by Kraft and Kraft Canada is a billion dollar company, what's with the hold-ups lame-o's!!! LOL!
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    When I use Mio or a flavored drink enhancer (with no calories, sodium, and etc.), I count it as water.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I drink Vitamen water Zero and something called Skinny Water(can be found at Target!).

Both are zero calories and I count that towards my water goal.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    At my cousins wedding they put some cucumber in the water which was pretty nice.

I don't think flavoured water is the same. It'd count as your water intake, sure, but you've got all your articial sweeteners (as mentioned, it could have adverse effects on your body), hidden calories/carbs/sugar/etc.

You are correct that it's not the "same" as water, but the point of logging glasses of water a day is to make sure that you are drinking enough fluids. And in that sense, it would count the same as plain water.
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I see this was answered but just for clarification; as long as all 0 it can count as your water intake? I usually drink just plain water, but wanted something different without the calories, etc. I have sparkling water called Clear American with different flavors like black cherry, strawberry, mango, etc.. It is naturally flavored sparkling water beverage with other natural flavors. Calories, total fat, sodium, total carbs, sugars, proteins are all 0. I am not sure if I will like it, but going to give it a try.
  • merekins
    merekins Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Plenty of flavored sparkling/seltzers that don’t have artificial sweetners, just hint of fruit. Love them and yes, it counts as water.
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    It counts as water. They do contain various acids for flavor enhancement, and that was causing problems for my tooth enamel so I don't drink them anymore for that reason, but they will hydrate you just the same.