This may sound stupid but...I'm undereating.

Options
I've lost weight in the past and now I'm doing it under clinic supervision. I'm actually not much of an eater but always eat what I want (not a lot of 'bad' stuff but some. My problems have always been that I'm not active enough and I also was having a few beers a day. Now I'm not drinking, it's dinner time and I have more than half my calories left, but I feel like I've had lots to eat today. Anybody in this situation?

Replies

• Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Eat calorie dense foods. Peanut butter, olive oil, avocados, etc. Those things are good for you and have calories. So if you can't make your calorie goal, add some of that in. 2 TBSP of peanut butter is 180-200 calories alone.
  • Christmasrum
    Christmasrum Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Evil_IronMan
    Evil_IronMan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. Not using my calories but I'm not going hungry. Makes me feel like I should eat just to be eating late in the evening.
  • Christmasrum
    Options
    I know I'll get sorted out eventually. I haven't really watched my diet closely for 5 years so I'm having trouble getting back into a routine.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    One day of eating too little isn't really an issue. Regularly doing so, especially if only eating half of an already low caloric goal, can be problematic. It comes down to meeting minimal nutritional needs.
  • JQuinnLife
    JQuinnLife Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm actually not much of an eater but always eat what I want (not a lot of 'bad' stuff but some. My problems have always been that I'm not active enough and I also was having a few beers a day.

You're under clinical supervision to lose weight and you think you don't eat much?

Pretty much reminds me of Secret Eaters.

If you want advice, make your diary open so we can all scrutinize your food choices.
  • Christmasrum
    Options
    Nage3000 wrote: »
    I'm actually not much of an eater but always eat what I want (not a lot of 'bad' stuff but some. My problems have always been that I'm not active enough and I also was having a few beers a day.

You're under clinical supervision to lose weight and you think you don't eat much?

If you want advice, make your diary open so we can all scrutinize your food choices.

My clinic has me on a minimum of 1800 which is a pretty decent portion of calories, and I'm having my first check-in this week. Not a secret eater at all. My emotional go-to was always a few drinks.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options

My clinic has me on a minimum of 1800 which is a pretty decent portion of calories, and I'm having my first check-in this week. Not a secret eater at all. My emotional go-to was always a few drinks.

I hear you...my emotional go-to is 3 or 6 vodkas....they add up fast!
  • Christmasrum
    Options

I hear you...my emotional go-to is 3 or 6 vodkas....they add up fast!

They sure do! I like beer.... and it goes down like water I'm afraid...