Future fit mom/military member

Options
I'm 20 years old, have a 14m old and I'm working on my weight loss journey so that I can follow my dream of enlisting in the USAF!!! Have lost 30lbs last year and my goal is to be 150 by July! Add me anyone seeking a motivated friend

Replies

• FineBrown2013
    FineBrown2013 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Let's do this!
  • ryryodom
    ryryodom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. I need to lose 150pounds though so I can join the Navy. Have you already met with a recruiter?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I joined the Marine Corps before having kids and I couldn't imagine joining after having them. It's one thing to be away from them during training, but you can't avoid 6/9/13 month deployments. Good luck!
  • arianafred
    arianafred Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @ryryodom yes I have! and he's great and super cooperative.
  • arianafred
    arianafred Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @usmcmp yeah, my husband is in the corps and gets out in July, so I somewhat understand the distance factor. My boy is my life but not only is this my dream but the best thing for our family right now! Thank you! :smile:
  • gabbrielle08
    gabbrielle08 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight to join the military as well. It's between the Air Force and the Navy. You can add me if you want.
  • woco84
    woco84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey I am retired Army. Got back in shape on a DoD Civilian Deployment to Khandahar in 2013. Back at home it is much harder to get an hour a day run! I had been tracking the data like MFP in Excel for around 10 years. So easy in MFP. This is great and am keeping on track pretty well. Solidly back to 9 min miles again, looking to get to 7.5 min miles for 5 miles - 195 lbs this week and shooting for 160 by the end of April. Hang tough!
  • ewfleming99615
    ewfleming99615 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well good luck. I retired from the Army Reserves in 2011 and I fought my weight the whole time.
  • janquellamayes901
    Options
    Hey! I'm 20 and planning on joining the navy within the next couple of months! Let's motivate each other! A month ago I watched my older sister focus hard and train hard and slim her body down to join! She's at basic now for the navy! It's finally my turn!