Replies

• kandisn7
    kandisn7 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've heard it's great for you!
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    It makes lovely gravy and soups, but I can't always be bothered waiting around that long.
  • hemlock__
    hemlock__ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat bone broth most days, and when I don't I supplement with a collagen powder in my coffee in the morning. I usually just heat some up and drink it from a mug around noon. I usually make some broth once a week, and if I run out I buy more from my specialty meat butcher (I've found it much cheaper to make it myself). :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Cannot tell if serious

Please explain the magical qualities of soup and why anybody would believe this kind of thing

I mean I rather love consommé and chicken soup ..but :huh:
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Make it in the pressure cooker takes 2 hours
    Have too much fat even skimming the fat off it leaves it greasy but i use large fatty bones with a bit of meat like beef lamb or goat
    I use a lot of spices and make a jelly like stew but its very fatty and i dont know what to do with the excess fat dont want to eat it and am just freezing it for now to throw away later
  • Sued0nim
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It is also very low calorie and delicious so I can see it helping you reach your defecit

But there are rational adults who believe it erases wrinkles?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Good gracious...seriously??

Bulletproofexec.com??

This is seen as a legitmate source for nutrition info?

SMH
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Its based off the idea that vinegar or lemon acid breaks down the bone's vitamin richness and collagen ligaments. Highly concentrated nutrient elixir. You are to use only animals that were pasture raised for the extra clean benefits. If its easy enough to get, why not try it. Couldn't hurt unless the acid levels tear down the enamel on your teeth.
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Have too much fat even skimming the fat off it leaves it greasy but i use large fatty bones with a bit of meat like beef lamb or goat
    I use a lot of spices and make a jelly like stew but its very fatty and i dont know what to do with the excess fat dont want to eat it and am just freezing it for now to throw away later

Pressure cooker makes excellent broth. If just skimming off the fat that rises to the surface doesn't remove enough for your taste, chill the whole thing in the refrigerator until the fat solidifies on top, then easily remove.

• markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Abby2205 wrote: »

Pressure cooker makes excellent broth. If just skimming off the fat that rises to the surface doesn't remove enough for your taste, chill the whole thing in the refrigerator until the fat solidifies on top, then easily remove.

With or without a pressure cooker just cool overnight and skim the fat off. Some people save the fat for cooking.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Cannot tell if serious

Please explain the magical qualities of soup and why anybody would believe this kind of thing

I mean I rather love consommé and chicken soup ..but :huh:

This. Also, use pasture raised animals for "extra clean benefits"? I'd love to know what benefits I get from drinking the broth of bones of animals that were pasture raised vs not. How are they "cleaner"?
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    It is also very low calorie and delicious so I can see it helping you reach your defecit

But there are rational adults who believe it erases wrinkles?

Adults? Yes. Rational? No.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    The bulletproof guy isn't exactly the picture of health himself. I don't believe there's any benefit.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Isn't bone broth just stock? I haven't/won't click the link to read about magical claims but I always thought boiling bones gives you stock. ...which is used in lots of every day things. ?
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I've been using "bone broth" in cooking for years because homemade stock/broth is economical and tastes better than the watery commercial stuff. It's good, nutrious food, but it's not magic.
  • k_lethal
    k_lethal Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Back in my day, "bone broth" was just "soup stock." My grandma made and drank a lot of it but definitely had wrinkles...
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    k_lethal wrote: »
    Back in my day, "bone broth" was just "soup stock." My grandma made and drank a lot of it but definitely had wrinkles...

Surely not :open_mouth:

Clearly she wasn't making it right ...cos magic
  • HorrorGeekLiz
    HorrorGeekLiz Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to poke fun, but the bone broth fad cracks me up. Carcasses have been used to make stock since the dawn of man. Calling it "Bone Broth" instead of "Stock" doesn't make it a magical super food.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Isn't bone broth just broth?