Green Tea Fat Burner

Has anyone tried "Green Tea Fat Burner" capsules? I have tried to look up reviews, but as usual, there are a lot of mixed opinions. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited January 2016
    Snake oil. The amount that caffeine in green tea raises your metabolism is so little that you should just save your money and go for a 5 minute walk instead.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Snake oil. The amount that caffeine raises your metabolism is so little that you should just save your money and go for a 5 minute walk instead.

This. Waste of money.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I drink green tea because I like the taste. If there was such a thing as a fat burner in a pill form - we wouldn't need websites like MFP.
  • runrascal
    runrascal Posts: 53 Member
    TeaBea wrote: »
    I drink green tea because I like the taste. If there was such a thing as a fat burner in a pill form - we wouldn't need websites like MFP.

This. If green tea burned fat I'd be a skeleton by now.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    At best, a mild stimulant.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    1. Scam
    2. money waster
    3. snake oil
    4. all of the above

Take your pick, they are all correct.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    I am going to sell pills made out of tree bark and call them fat burners. I'll make a million bucks.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    I am going to sell pills made out of tree bark and call them fat burners. I'll make a million bucks.

Tree sap might be more appropriate to the target audience. :smile:
  • earlnabby
    sijomial wrote: »

True. Fill softgels with maple syrup and call it "magic weight loss tree sap"
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Doesn't work
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    don't bother
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Just drink the real green tea - all natural, soothing, delicious, with links to disease prevention and weight loss (along with a balanced diet and exercise program, of course!). I like my green tea with mint! Anti-inflammatory, mmm....
  • tlblake84
    tlblake84 Posts: 48 Member
    MlleKelly wrote: »
    Just drink the real green tea - all natural, soothing, delicious, with links to disease prevention and weight loss (along with a balanced diet and exercise program, of course!). I like my green tea with mint! Anti-inflammatory, mmm....

Agreed!
  • earlnabby
    MlleKelly wrote: »

Except the link to weight loss which is wrong (unless you are substituting green tea for higher calorie beverages or snacks), this^
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    http://www.wellnessresources.com/health/articles/the_effects_of_green_tea_on_weight_management/
    http://news.psu.edu/story/310179/2014/04/02/research/research-suggests-green-tea-exercise-boost-weight-loss-health
    http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/health-benefits-of-green-tea

It's not a magic pill and green tea won't make you lose weight on its own (which is why I said drink it but also have a good diet and exercise regularly). There is a reason that lots of these "snake oil" "magic diet" pills contain or advertise the fact that they contain green tea...

Regardless of the amount of fat it helps you lose (or doesn't), the point is: Don't take the pills! Just drink green tea!
  • TraciHindes
    TraciHindes Posts: 16 Member
    Thanks all. I put the pills back and grabbed the tea bags !!!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    sijomial wrote: »

I bet you could get Dr Oz to endorse it.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    The only way I take my Green Tea is in a latte, a macaron or ice cream. Or in a tea bag of course ;)
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    I bought a 2lb bag of green tea on amazon for like $10. I don't know if it helps me burn more fat or what but, it's a nice way to have a treat without extra calories.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    I've definitely used those pills before. Absolute waste of money. They did nothing.