Should i be eating ALL my calories allowed per day?

Options
2»

Replies

• crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Ok everyone. I really wasn't trying to say that she MUST be wrong in her calories. I was really only asking why her number was what it was. Not saying she was wrong and I am right. I was using my numbers as an example. If 2100 is her number, then that's fine, great. I was just offering up a suggestion that maybe it was too high and that's why she has trouble with it. I get that everyone's calories are different.

Chill.
  • traceme
    traceme Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    pzarnosky wrote: »
    traceme wrote: »
    synacious wrote: »
    Ignoring the calorie number debate for now, we need more information. You say you're not losing weight as easily lately. As you lose weight it gets harder but given your stats it shouldn't be too difficult. Has the weight loss stopped completely? It seems like it hasn't from your post. What is your rate of loss per week?

Yeah i am not too concerned with calories honestly but that question has been in my brain for a while! I took it pretty slow before, integrating 1 thing at a time. I just started back up and now i am under calories, full of (mostly) good food and exercising every day. The weight loss hasn't stopped, about 3lbs 2 weeks ago but this week was -0.5lbs - which is just weird to me. Maybe an off week, but i feel like if i do the same thing i have been doing, and its another -0.5 next week, i will lose my *kitten*!

You stated earlier that you have a food scale but haven't been using it and have been eyeballing it. That may be the problem. When you were eyeballing for the previous 70lbs you lost, even if you were over 2100 cals, it was probably still enough of a deficit for you to lose. That may not be the case now. Use the scale religiously for a couple of weeks and see if that helps. If it doesn't, then since we know you're being accurate with what you're eating, then it may be time to drop your calorie deficit more.

I know that when I started using a food scale my eyes were opened to what a serving size really looks like for A LOT of foods :)

Starting tonight!!! very true. This could be veryyy interesting. ;)
    Thanks!