What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Brother. In from Florida, Always. Been. Most accomplished Athletic. One playing. College. Football. At a high. Level, That. Was a few years. Ago ,But today we hit the gym together. Lifting/cardio 2 hours. Kept up with him quite. Easily , Felt Great!
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    7k cross country ski yesterday. The victory was that I went. It's 40 minutes up a windy road and we had 6 inches of snow overnight. But with 5 passengers in the van we were committed. The skiing was great!
  • brant710
    brant710 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I accidentally bought a compression shirt when I bought a couple of dri-fit shirts. When I put it on this morning I was so happy with how I looked in it compared to how I would have prior to my journey. I still have a ways to go to make my ultimate goal but it's so nice to enjoy what I look like.
  • gforbes12
    gforbes12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    G33K_G1RL wrote: »
    Found some knee socks that had been hiding in the back of the drawer for the last year or two. Remembered I had stopped wearing them because they had "shrunk" and were uncomfortably tight. Pulled them on and they fit fine. I guess they got unshrunk sitting in the drawer :smiley:

Same thing happened to a few of my pants. Magic drawers, unshrinking our clothes ;)

• gforbes12
    gforbes12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Excellent concept, I too have unshrinkings clothes
  • Bella_Francesca
    Bella_Francesca Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've been keeping my New Years Resolution of working out 5 days a week! Now if only the scale would cooperate!
  • Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I've been keeping my New Years Resolution of working out 5 days a week! Now if only the scale would cooperate!

Give it time, it will, as long as you are burning more calories than you take in.
  • JustHilsie
    JustHilsie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've been walking everywhere lately, when i used to take a cab even for twelve blocks.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    I walked to the farmers market downtown! Something I always wanted to do but didn't because the distance seemed daunting and honestly, crossing streets gives me anxiety. But I did it and had a blast!
  • Priss08
    Priss08 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I can wear a ring my grandma got me for graduation again. It's been to tight for several years.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Stopped snoring since I have lost so much weight!

Evidently I've done this too ... although it was just rumour and conjecture that I snored in the first place. :grin:

Same here. I never bought into that rumor either!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    I just went down to a size 36 inch waist in jeans, I started at 54 inches, and I was also featured in a local amusement park's blog about my weight loss. That's so cool!!

http://www.holidayworld.com/holiblog/2016/01/11/weigh-to-go-shane/

Oh! This is such an awesome story! It made me cry. I recently had an article written about me in a local paper. I guess I'll share it with everyone here, since Shane was brave enough to share his story.

There are a few facts wrong, but overall, not actually embarassing! One little thing that is incorrect is that it says I stopped eating carbs, I actually just reduced my carbs. I try to stay between 75 and 100g now.

http://m.hightimbertimes.com/hightimbertime/db/321861/content/0d8ca6BC

You both are amazing! Congrats and thanks for the motivation!
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options

bri170lb wrote: »
    I found my long lost wedding dress today. I've been married 32 years. I fit! It was even a little bit big!

So awesome!
  • Chele_Belle_
    Chele_Belle_ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Was having trouble being motivated today but ate my pre-planned breakfast and lunch and went to the gym anyway. When I got to the gym the regular class had been replaced with a combat class and I had completely forgotten about the change. NSV - I killed it at the class after not having done it in about a year! I am in better shape now then I ever was before when I use to go to combat!
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I've formed several bad habits over the years. Two I've broken are eating after dinner or very late, and drinking soda. The best one has happened in the last year: I no longer let a bad setback throw me off course. It's easy to feel sorry for yourself and give up, but I did not work this hard for this long to let one day derail my plans. No sir! Habits can be broken and replaced with better things. Gym tonight - can't wait!

PS Thank you all for continuing to share your NSVs. I only have about 10-12 kilos to go and it's REALLY tough to do. But every day I come here and read your achievements, and I keep going! I'm so close to my goal thanks in part to each of your posts!
  • hellokristen
    hellokristen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I live in Belgium and work on a US army base. I haven't had Krispe Kreme in FOREVER and we have it in the shop now downstairs. They had a box of my favorite, chocolate iced custard filled, this morning. It's been an awful day already and I DIDN'T GET THE DOUGHNUTS! This is a huge victory for me.
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Even though I am decidedly overweight (250 lbs. now; 180 lbs. at my lowest [albeit with almost no muscle]), the nurse who weighed me for our staff weight loss challenge insisted that I am not and did not look overweight. After making my case, she flat out told me I wasn't overweight. Oh, well, I guess I'll take it.

Also, today is the furthest I've made it without drinking. We are doing a dry January. I tried this last October and made it twelve days. This time, we aren't stopping until February third at the earliest.
    Great job! I have been "dry" since Christmas and am finding I am getting tons more done. Hope you feel as wonderful as I do!

Proud of everyone else! Thanks for sharing!

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    JustHilsie wrote: »
    I've been walking everywhere lately, when i used to take a cab even for twelve blocks.

I'm supposed to limit my walking while my fractured hip heals, but I'm still logging 8-10k steps a day. Lol
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm getting this today:
    21d5nx38lsjv.jpeg

To reduce the impact on my hip from walking,
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!