DVD suggestions

Options
So I'm looking for a new workout and I could really use some feedback. I have been running a few times a week for the last several months and just completed the 21 Day Fix. In the past I have enjoyed Jillian M. and Chalean. I have also completed 1 round of P90x several years ago but was not fan of it. I have some low back/hip issues so I think Shaun T is out. I did day 1 of Insanity and it was just too much jumping for this old body. So, any reccomendations?

Replies

• mallyboo3533
    mallyboo3533 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Jillian. She does have plenty of DVDs to choose from!
  • tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for more of a cardio based program or more of a resistance based program? Any back/hip issues with doing body weight squats or lunges?
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I have recycled some of my old stuff that is comfortable to me - but I am far stronger now, so can really work hard or add extra weights. Tae bo was fun and the old Cathy Smith "lift weights to lose weight" was a nice change on the weekend. Like others, I enjoy Jillian.

I enjoy doing a bit of cardio (home gym or when the snow melts) and then do short 10 min workouts from PopSugar. Free and quick. Good luck. I'm also feeling like I need a change.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I like The Firm, some Denise Austin, Jillian Michaels, and Cathe Friedrick also has some good stuff. I need to branch out a bit more...
  • leasah
    leasah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for more of a cardio based program or more of a resistance based program? Any back/hip issues with doing body weight squats or lunges?
    I really enjoy a balance of both cardio and the weights. I have had some back/hip issues but so far the only time I feel it is with mountain climbers, burpees or a lot of jumping. I have taken an occasional Body Pump class at the gym and we do a fair number of weighted squats and lunges and so far no issues.

• rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Cathe Friedrich has a workout called Afterburn and it sounds like something you might be looking for. It is low impact/high intensity. It uses intervals of cardio and weights. The time goes by so fast because she keeps it moving!

It's one of the best and challenging workouts I've ever done and I'm the workout dvd queen! I only pop it in occasionally, but I get an amazing burn and workout everytime.
  • FieryR3dHead
    FieryR3dHead Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Charlotte Crosby's 3 minute belly blitz is good. It's a 40/45 min DVD. It's cardio resistance combined. A lot of HITT training.