binging on cereal!:,(

Options
So the last 3 days I've been eating way over my calories, say 2,500 on regular ol' bad protien carbs and fat foods then on top of that I have the thought of cereal in the back of my head so I eat cereal in the morning fitting it into my macros... Then BOOM when its night time I binge out on cereal!!!! Yesterday I went to sleep saying I'll get back on track today and what do I do? I was going to make myself my daily green tea but then instead, I BINGE ON CEREAL AGAIN!!!! I had 3 bowls over 3,000 cals in one sitting:(
Someone please help... I'm loosing my progress and going 2 steps behind. Idk what's wrong with me, I was doing great these last past 2 weeks...

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Stop buying cereal?
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Yep - you're a sugar burner/fat producer! Cut carbs down to 100/day, and you'll start burning that fat instead of storing more of it!
  • hokagenoob
    hokagenoob Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Stop buying cereal?

I live with my family which won't stopping buying cereal just because I said xD but i think I should just stop using dairy? I think that may help. Cutting out cereal 100% because it's hurting me in the long run.
  • overfences
    overfences Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're iron deficient? Or deficient in another vitamin that cereal is fortified with? I find that some cravings are tied to things we're lacking. It wouldn't hurt to look into the possibility.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Stop buying cereal?

I live with my family which won't stopping buying cereal just because I said xD but i think I should just stop using dairy? I think that may help. Cutting out cereal 100% because it's hurting me in the long run.

i dont think its the dairy thats the issue....

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Stop buying cereal?

Agreed.

• acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If your logging is accurate, it looks like you are under eating during the week and then over eating on Friday. It still comes out to a daily average of 1300 cals for the week, but it doesn't sound like you're happy with that. Maybe you could try eating more during the week and then your body won't need to binge to get a reasonable amount of calories for the week.

Monday - 472 cals (no lunch or dinner)
    Tuesday - 1140 cals (no dinner)
    Wednesday - 933 cals (no lunch)
    Thursday - 1050 cals (no dinner)
    Friday - 3291 cals
    Saturday - 1191 cals (no lunch)
    Sunday - 1175 cals (no lunch)
    Today - 2492 (no lunch or dinner)

• besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    That's averaging 1468cal a day. That isn't the worst binge is those numbers are correct. If you don't strict so much 5 days a week it won't be so scary coming up to the 6th.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Stop buying cereal?

Eliminating the protein from the milk is going to make things worse. Your Breakfast today was 81% carbs and 15% protein. Try getting more protein and fat in a meal and see if that fills you up better. When I used to eat carb-intense foods like that I was never satisfied either.

I like oatmeal with protein powder and fruit for a bedtime snack. For breakfast, I'd double the protein powder and add more fat. Except for my bed time snack, I like to eat at about 40% carbs, 30% fat, and 30% protein.

jyb28usbovtg.jpg
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    acheben wrote: »
    If your logging is accurate, it looks like you are under eating during the week and then over eating on Friday. It still comes out to a daily average of 1300 cals for the week, but it doesn't sound like you're happy with that. Maybe you could try eating more during the week and then your body won't need to binge to get a reasonable amount of calories for the week.

Friday - 3291 cals

Yup. @smnarine624, unless you are quite short, you will likely feel better if your daily calorie goal is more than 1200 per day.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Friday - 3291 cals

IFF your logging is accurate: why not either try using MFP the way it was designed to be used, assuming you're an adult and you need to lose weight.

If you're not an adult, please talk to one about your eating habits.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough daily calories. Binging can occur.
  • hokagenoob
    Options
    Stop buying cereal?

Agreed.

Clearly
  • hokagenoob
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Friday - 3291 cals

Yup. @smnarine624, unless you are quite short, you will likely feel better if your daily calorie goal is more than 1200 per day.

I was thinking about doing something like
    Mon-900
    Tue-900
    Wed-1,400
    Thur-900
    Fri-1,400
    Sat-900
    Sun-1,400
    Since my original calorie intake is 1,200 and if I try doing this, do you think it'll all workout the same?
  • hokagenoob
    Options

Friday - 3291 cals

How do you come up with these calories? Is there a name for this strategy?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Friday - 3291 cals

How do you come up with these calories? Is there a name for this strategy?

She copied straight out of your diary... So the strategy is yours :wink: