Options
alissayoung524
alissayoung524 Posts: 8 Member
What's you're favorite salad combos?!

Replies

• angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    i can eat any salad with shredded cheese, tiny bit of ranch dressing, some kinda meat (chicken or ham), carrot shreds, and black olives.
  • westcoastgrl21
    westcoastgrl21 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Spring greens, grilled chicken, blanched broccoli, tomatoes, shredded carrots, sliced cucumber, and dried cranberries. I use ranch dressing on it YUM!!
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I have found it easy to copy some of the salads that restaurants are promoting these days:

I love mandarin chicken salad: Mixed greens, chopped tomato, about 8-10 sections of canned mandarin oranges, cooked and cubed chicken, all sprinkled with sliced almonds.

Tonight we had a taco salad: Iceberg lettuce, Romaine lettuce, spinach leaves, chopped tomatoes, 2 oz very lean ground beef (cooked and drained of fat then cooked with just a bit of taco seasoning as directed on package), 1 oz of grated cheese, 2 tortilla chips crunched up and sprinkled on top. I used 2T of salsa mixed with 1T of sour cream for dressing. MFP gave me 315 calories for a huge salad.

My new favorite salad, Berry Almond Chicken Salad: mixed greens, 2 oz roasted chicken breast, sliced strawberries, raspberries (or blackberries), dried cranberries, with a little grated cheese and sliced almonds on top. The berries make it so yummy. I do use 1/2 Tablespoon Poppy Seed dressing. but it would be good even without dressing.

Spinach, Strawberry and goat cheese (so flavorful, no dressing is needed)

Grilled Buffalo Chicken (I make my own low calorie blue cheese to use on the side when my mouth needs cooled off-I like the combination of spicy sauce with cool lettuce)

Also from Pinterest and the Food Network:
    Adobo grilled chicken, corn, black bean over lettuce
    Tzaziki marinated grilled chicken salad
    Spicy Tai Asian Grilled Chicken Salad
    Philly cheese steak salad (can also do a Steak & Blue salad)

70044776.png

• martinstewart617
    martinstewart617 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • alissayoung524
    Options
    GreenValli wrote: »
    I have found it easy to copy some of the salads that restaurants are promoting these days:

I love mandarin chicken salad: Mixed greens, chopped tomato, about 8-10 sections of canned mandarin oranges, cooked and cubed chicken, all sprinkled with sliced almonds.

Tonight we had a taco salad: Iceberg lettuce, Romaine lettuce, spinach leaves, chopped tomatoes, 2 oz very lean ground beef (cooked and drained of fat then cooked with just a bit of taco seasoning as directed on package), 1 oz of grated cheese, 2 tortilla chips crunched up and sprinkled on top. I used 2T of salsa mixed with 1T of sour cream for dressing. MFP gave me 315 calories for a huge salad.

My new favorite salad, Berry Almond Chicken Salad: mixed greens, 2 oz roasted chicken breast, sliced strawberries, raspberries (or blackberries), dried cranberries, with a little grated cheese and sliced almonds on top. The berries make it so yummy. I do use 1/2 Tablespoon Poppy Seed dressing. but it would be good even without dressing.

Spinach, Strawberry and goat cheese (so flavorful, no dressing is needed)

Grilled Buffalo Chicken (I make my own low calorie blue cheese to use on the side when my mouth needs cooled off-I like the combination of spicy sauce with cool lettuce)

Also from Pinterest and the Food Network:
    Adobo grilled chicken, corn, black bean over lettuce
    Tzaziki marinated grilled chicken salad
    Spicy Tai Asian Grilled Chicken Salad
    Philly cheese steak salad (can also do a Steak & Blue salad)

70044776.png

Love these!!!!!
  • alissayoung524
    Options

Oooooh thank you. Gives me some good ideas
  • alissayoung524
    Options
    Spring greens, grilled chicken, blanched broccoli, tomatoes, shredded carrots, sliced cucumber, and dried cranberries. I use ranch dressing on it YUM!!

I've been using a chipotle ranch sometimes and it's fantastic. Simple but tasty salad
  • alissayoung524
    Options
    i can eat any salad with shredded cheese, tiny bit of ranch dressing, some kinda meat (chicken or ham), carrot shreds, and black olives.

Obsessed with cheese.
  • chelsea7162
    chelsea7162 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I keep mine simple as a base and throw in whatever I have and feel would taste yummy. A mix of red peppers, cucumbers, and butter or romaine lettuce with a simple dressing made of rice or apple cider vinegar, olive or avocado oil, and a touch of maple syrup or agave for sweetness in a 3:1:0.5-1 ratio. Yummy things to add are corn, black beans, pan fried tofu with a vegan mayo and Siracha blend drizzled on top, or strips of vegan chicken or turkey. If you don't eat vegan, you can substitute vegan options for non vegan.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    This salad has apples, chicken, blue cheese, raisins, and sundried tomatoes.

soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2013/06/malibleu-beach-salad-with-grilled.html
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I love this salad too!

Shepherd's Salad
    Source: Soup Spice Everything Nice
    Serves 4 to 6

Ingredients

1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
    1 english cucumber, diced
    1 green bell pepper, diced
    1/2 small red onion, diced
    1/2 cup mix of fresh parsley, mint, and oregano, minced
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
    salt and pepper to taste
    4 oz. feta, crumbled

Directions

Combine everything but feta in a bowl; toss to combine well. Add feta and toss again.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Spring mix
    Tomatoes
    Goat cheese
    Turkey or chicken breast
    Vinaigrette - lately I've been into Drew's Organic Blueberry Pomegranate Vinaigrette
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I like upgrading my green salads by adding fruit (love blackberries esp) and also adding a small amt of cheese (fav is feta...don't need much and huge flavor!)