Costco NSV

Options
scantrll
scantrll Posts: 271 Member
So I had to go shopping at Costco today and of course the best time for my schedule was around 11:15am... Right at the beginning of sample time! Now normally I would try one of everything they had out and if I really liked it I would go back for a second try but today? Today I did not eat a single sample from any of the carts. No fried ravioli, no cheese and crackers, no chips, no brownies, nothing.

Instead I finished my shopping, and then had exactly what I had planned for my lunch which was super tasty. I know its not much of a victory, but I'll take it.

Replies

• kdudz
    kdudz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That is great! My husband is always disappearing and I find him at those sample carts all.the.time! lol
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    that's awesome, congrats! Great job keeping your mind on your shopping! This will pay off big, and a huge healthier lifestyle!
  • RenaeMG
    RenaeMG Posts: 19
    Options
    Fantastic!! way to go!!

i feel the same way when i shop there and manage to not eat any of the samples as well.
  • denverdeb1
    denverdeb1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great will power! My husband loves to go to Costco for the samples. I am never tempted because I always feel they look at me and think "hey fat chick why are you eating this you do not need any more calories". Guess I should get over that!
  • januarykim
    januarykim Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wonderful work! Its hard to resist, especially before lunch time. :)
    (I've refused a few samples before--mostly because I was too lazy to log the calories!)
    Keep up the strong self-discipline!
  • smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! It is small lifesytle changes that will make the biggest difference. Congratulations and keep up the good work :)
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Haha I remember going there to get dinner by shopping and eating samples while doing so. I don't have a membership there but it was always something fun when with my mom and stepdad.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!