Low calories for the day. What else to eat?

Options
I've planned out my meals for the week and when I get breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner in. I'm under my calorie goal, which I already thought was low.

But I had my first day of the meal and I've been full with everything I have eaten. What else do I eat to add on the calories for the day?!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, cheese, avocado and ice cream
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I just had some dark chocolate with almonds and sea salt. Worked for me. :wink:
  • YanmiYann
    YanmiYann Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ice cream? Isn't that way too much sugar. I had peanut butter and toast for breakfast.
    queenliz99 wrote: »

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    If you're not eating excessive amounts the rest of the day, a little ice cream isn't going to kill you. Just fit it in with the rest of your numbers and you're good to go. I've had yogurt with more sugar than ice cream. :neutral:
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want, calories are calories. Eat what you enjoy within your calorie goals.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    ice cream... and cake.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    nuts.

and I'm sorry but i have no frikkin clue how people can't eat enough calories in a day because they are too "full" when their calorie limit is the default 1200.

Sorry to sound like a cow but it makes me wonder then how did they get fat in the first place?

Please I'm not picking on you I just keep seeing these threads come up all the time and finally have vented my thoughts.
  • BlxxdtheFrxxk
    BlxxdtheFrxxk Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Chicken in a biskit with spray cheese.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    YanmiYann wrote: »
    Ice cream? Isn't that way too much sugar. I had peanut butter and toast for breakfast.

It depends. Not everyone needs or chooses to watch their sugar. Nothing wrong with a little ice cream if it fits in your goals for the day.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    nuts.

and I'm sorry but i have no frikkin clue how people can't eat enough calories in a day because they are too "full" when their calorie limit is the default 1200.

Sorry to sound like a cow but it makes me wonder then how did they get fat in the first place?

Please I'm not picking on you I just keep seeing these threads come up all the time and finally have vented my thoughts.

I'm with you.... But people usually go to extremes and cut out a million things (mostly nutrient poor, calorie dense foods) that filled their days before. Fat seems to become the devil because... Calories (I'm guessing). Carbs are the devil because... Carbs (I'm guessing)... So you aren't left with much!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    bacon, sausage, cheese, buttered toast.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options

That sounds like a horrible combination.

• AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Your stomach can shrink and stretch according to what you put in it. Each day try to add a little more nutrient-rich foods until you hit the daily 1200. Eventually you won't feel full anymore.

Also, if you have nutrition goals and you are serious about them- focus on foods full of stuff that's good for you. At the end of the day, if I haven't hit my limit I'll have avocado on wheat toast, a cup of steamed green beans with almonds, or a glass of skim milk.

You know your body. "Calories are calories" is. Myth. Eat for fuel and stay consistent. You got this!
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    nuts.

I'm with you.... But people usually go to extremes and cut out a million things (mostly nutrient poor, calorie dense foods) that filled their days before. Fat seems to become the devil because... Calories (I'm guessing). Carbs are the devil because... Carbs (I'm guessing)... So you aren't left with much!

ME tooooooooooooo. I eat at a net 1700 and feel like I could still eat twice as much. I also drink over 100 oz of water each day. I don't get it!
  • YanmiYann
    Options
    Glad go hear it. I love ice cream!
    If you're not eating excessive amounts the rest of the day, a little ice cream isn't going to kill you. Just fit it in with the rest of your numbers and you're good to go. I've had yogurt with more sugar than ice cream. :neutral:

• YanmiYann
    Options
    That's a nice list! I'll have to get on that!

• YanmiYann
    Options
    I eat the same amount of food that I was doing pre watching my foods. I just eat a lot less sugary, fatty foods. So it doesn't mean we're starving ourself and eating less, just eating foods with fewer calories. I'm not saying it happens everyday. Other days I'm over my goal, but when I'm not that's when I need to figure out what else I need to eat.

nuts.

• YanmiYann
    Options
    Thanks!!
    AbiNichole wrote: »
    Your stomach can shrink and stretch according to what you put in it. Each day try to add a little more nutrient-rich foods until you hit the daily 1200. Eventually you won't feel full anymore.

Also, if you have nutrition goals and you are serious about them- focus on foods full of stuff that's good for you. At the end of the day, if I haven't hit my limit I'll have avocado on wheat toast, a cup of steamed green beans with almonds, or a glass of skim milk.

You know your body. "Calories are calories" is. Myth. Eat for fuel and stay consistent. You got this!

• maggieeric1
    maggieeric1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you short?. Are you aiming for specific macros? Those two things will tell you exactly what you need to eat.

If I'm short fat I eat peanut butter or 1/4 -1/2 cup of raw nuts, add butter to my steamed veggies, or eat an ounce of cheese.

Short of protein I eat some egg white or sliced turkey..etc

Short carbs + black beans, lentils, rice cake, any peas or part of a sweet potato with skin or winter squash.

If i am short in serveal macros then I have a snack that combines several of the above components. Make it taste good with a sprinkle of spices, oils, vinegars, colorful veggies (roasted red pepper) cilantro or salsa.