Not so fabulous at 40, looking to lose 35-40lbs

Options
Turned 40 and realized that I need to make some changes. Looking to lose 35-40lbs. Anyone interested in keeping each other motivated, please feel free to add me as a friend

Replies

• weightlossissues
    weightlossissues Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I will be turning 45 soon....... I am looking to lose 50lbs. I need to lose more but this is my first goal. I have been on here for 2 weeks today. I have lost 10lbs. I was on here years ago before I had a smart phone. Logging on a desk top made logging food hard. The smart phone does wonders. I can check foods before I eat them. You can do this just like I can.
  • kcostner122312
    kcostner122312 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in ladies. Add me to your friends. I just turned 42 and wanting to lose at least 40-45lbs. We can do this.
  • Lindagodess23
    Lindagodess23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'd love to be friends and motivate 42 now also
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm turning 40 in July and have challenged myself to 'lose 40 by 40' this year. We got this!!
  • AnitaDrink2day
    AnitaDrink2day Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in too... Please add me as well.
    Turning 40 in November and need 40+ lbs to lose and NEED motivation as well
  • Kitzey
    Kitzey Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm 45 and could use some extra motivation and accountability; please add me :) I'm looking to lose 30lbs in 10lb increments, I find shorter goals help me stay on track better.
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Add me too. I'm 40 and looking to lose 30-40 lbs as well!
    Let's do this!
  • sharonbamagurl
    sharonbamagurl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 42... Add me! :)
  • LifeasCham
    LifeasCham Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 36 this year and just started working to lose 40 lbs by the end of June. Add me! Good luck everyone!
  • mrso2012
    mrso2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Please add me.
  • mrso2012
    mrso2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    LifeasCham wrote: »
    I'm turning 36 this year and just started working to lose 40 lbs by the end of June. Add me! Good luck everyone!

• Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    38 Yrs young and on a mission to lose 50lbs by the end of this year. lets motivate each other :)
  • magicsd
    magicsd Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Way over 40, but feel free to add me. I'm in the same boat. :smiley:
  • vortex15
    vortex15 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Me too! I am 40 and would like to lose the same. Add me, please:)
  • junebb
    junebb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    41 here, looking to lose 35. Anyone can add me! Happy to give extra support to others, and I appreciate any boosts I can get.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Hello! I finally did it last Spring.
  • sabrina_dolce
    sabrina_dolce Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    So... I've actually taken this week seriously finally and I'm seeing results. Not feeling hungry anymore. My biggest downfall is that I am great 9-5 but 6-9 pm is where I am always snackish. I have been enforcing my "no food rule after 8pm" and water with lemon slices first thing in the morning (that's the hardest part because I literally twitch for my morning caffeine. Just by doing that and watching my portions, I'm down 4 lbs So far I'm proud of myself and staying motivated thanks to all of you. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you need motivation.
  • PhillyDDT
    PhillyDDT Posts: 25 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Turning 42 soon. Down 30 in last 12 months. Looking to lose another 40-50 pounds in 2016!
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 last June, decided I was ready to lose weight last October, and have lost about 15 pounds since then. I have at least another 15 pounds to go.

I have been fairly meticulous with my logging since I started, even on dates when I ate over my allowance (my food log over Christmas was hilarious). But I am delighted that CICO works, that it just needs a bit of discipline, and I'm slowly teaching myself portion control - I could eat for England.

Feel free to add me, and my diary, though not particularly impressive, is open.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I started when I was turning 40. It's an excellent place to start !