I need weight loss advice / reassurance?

Options
Hello!

So recently I've gotten back into the swing of things, losing weight, gyming 3x a week and trying to live a healthier lifestyle.
From Sept to Dec, I initally lost 20 lbs, but in Dec I went away on vacation, and wasn't able to eat my certain dietary foods while I was away, and put back on 10lbs in that week.

It was probably due to the fact that I wasn't eating as many nutriants as I should have been during those months (to get that bikini body!), but I find I still cannot shake those 10lbs off, now 1 month later.

I find that I've began to obsess over those 10lbs, and it's really begun to affect me emotionally. I am definietly feeling anxious and depressed over it, and I'm not sure what to do. Ive been eating those same foods from Sept-Dec, but now I am finding my body is craving more nutrients and I am not sure what, or how I should go about it.

I'm sure this sounds like your typical sob story (and im sorry it does!) but I suppose I'm just looking for some friendly individuals to help get though this rough patch.

Thanks for taking the time to read.. <3

Replies

• jennieo213
    jennieo213 Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    So you lost 20 pounds in three or four months? Wow!

While on vacation or any other time you're not in your regular routine, you can still track your calories, regardless of not having your "certain dietary foods" available and stay in control that way. I'm not sure what you mean by your body craving more nutrients. Do you mean fruit and vegetables? If so, by all means, eat more! Just log your calories so you know where you're at and what you need to adjust to stay within your goal.

Obsessing over 10 pounds isn't going to help you lose it. Exercise is great medicine for anxiety and depression, and combining that with logging will help you regain your sense of control. Focus on those things instead of the weight itself and the weight will come off.

• 19Remco80
    19Remco80 Posts: 51 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I think that your body needs to adjust after your holliday. Sometimes it will take several weeks for it to get in the right flow. Also go about 200 lower in your daily calories. Try this for about 2 weeks with enough water. I am sure that this wil works! Good Luck!