Ideal Weight Calculator

Options

Replies

• alfredapittman
    alfredapittman Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Your ideal weight range is = 125 to 140 lbs. Wow really? My goal is 160 and 140 seems a little small for me. I will have to consult my Doctor on this one.
  • rosieef
    rosieef Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    According to the fingers around the wrist test I have a small frame! News to me... :laugh:

I should be aiming for 131-146lbs. My goal is 140lbs, so looks like I'm aiming right, even though I am far off!
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Ummm mine says 108 to 123 lbs and I was shooting for 135.... :-/

what if your fingers dont really OVERLAP but they comfortably touch when wrapped around your wrist??

Mine do this, so I looked at both small and medium frames... between 117 and 150, all told... right now my goal is 160, but I may bump that down as I get closer. Right now, though, 160 just seems sooooo small!
  • nads2184
    nads2184 Posts: 124
    Options
    my first goal is 180 but aiming for 154 long term. mines tell me its 130-145, im well off! ;-)
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I am splitting hairs with being 5' 5 1/2 inches! Medium frame - my thumb and finger are just a hair away from touching but I DO NOT have a small frame! Wide hips, shoulders, ankles, & knees. I was aiming for 135 in the middle of bmi for 5' 6". So For this chart I should be 125 - 140 or 130 - 145. I am happy with my 135! I'll see when I get there. I think I should be under 140 for sure, though. But I'm exercising with weights, too, so as long as I comfortably fit into a size 8 I'll be fine. I know that is when clothes really fit me nice, although I wouldn't cry if I became a 6! = D
  • Morganjannelle
    Options
    117 to 132 lbs - my GW is 125-128 :)
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I KNEW it! I've been saying for years that I thought an ideal weight of 135-145'ish for me was unrealistic and ridiculous. Even when I dropped to 123 lbs in the Army (during intensive training) I had to wear a medium top because of my shoulder width. I look great at 155 lbs but the Army constantly weighed me and said I was overweight. My ideal weight is actually 143-158 lbs. Now THAT makes more sense. Anything below 140 leaves me looking emaciated and sick. At 123 lbs I was so embarrassed by my bones sticking out that I wouldn't go out in public in a tank top or swimsuit. I worked hard to gain back 20 more pounds. Too bad I don't still have that issue. HAHAHAHAHA! Thanks for sharing this! Now I feel energized and ready to actually try to reach my ideal weight.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    "Your ideal weight range is

135 to 150 lbs"

Yeah I dont think so......... I like that this site does take into consideration frame size which is really important, though.
    I weigh 135 and that is NOT ideal for me lol.
    I guess it's one of those things that works well for some an not others. :o)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I will have to check that out
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Mine says 143-158. My goal is 170. Or is it 180? I don't remember. I just know that either of those numbers I haven't seen in 20 years, and I'll be happy there.

Also, these calculators have one problem for me - when I enter my height of 5'6", there is no way to accomodate the fact that I have scoliosis & two 40 degree curves in my spine. If my back were straight, I'd be taller, and then I could weigh more and still be in the proper range. So, I have the skeleton of a taller person inside me - it's just twisted up and making me measure shorter. But the skeleton still counts for some of my weight - LOL.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Mine says 145-160 and my own goal weight is 150 :smile:
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    This seems to be pretty accurate for me. I'm a 6' tall, large framed male and the ideal weight range on this website is 196 - 211. My current goal is 210 but I'd like to get as close to 200 as possible. I know I look good at that weight and I won't look boney.

On the other hand, the BMI says I should be between 136.4 and 184.4. If I were to shoot for the middle of that range I would need to weigh 161 which is 100% impossible. I will never weigh 161 in my life. The lightest I've ever been is 179 and I looked sick / unhealthy.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Since I am very close between medium and large frame [my finger and thumb are about one half inch of meeting], i did both.

Large Frame: 171 to 186 lbs
    Medium Frame: 155 to 170 lbs

I don't think I agree with either, I think it is too high.

How tall were you again hun??
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    It said 113 - 128 for me. I've been under 130 and I looked sick (and not in a good way!) I think I'll go with the medium suggestions (even though I have a small wrist) 125-140 is much better.
  • NiallWallace
    NiallWallace Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Nah, 183cm Medium Frame, 83Kg according to that.
    Well I'm 83kg now, only just got into the "ideal" BMI range and still have a lot of fat on me. (But an awful lot less than I did have)
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    LMBO!!!! 121 to 136 !? I think that is too small for me! I want to be 170 -180 but, decided on 160 because it takes me out of the obese category. 160 and I will only be "over weight." I haven't weighed 136 much less 160 EVER! I was 180 my senior year of high school and 6 years ago when I was very single and partying A LOT. I loved 18! I felt great and sexy! I have never been skinny and never want to be. Now I am 230. I got all shacked up and the weight came back. Hello MFP and I will see you in a year or so 160!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I've tried a similar looking formula on another site and it told me I should be around 80lb - which is clearly dangerously inaccurate, so I was relieved to see this one delivers a pop up error message saying that the formula does not work on people of my height.
  • EmsyLou77
    EmsyLou77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It seems on the low side to me. I should be 113-128 lbs according to that. My target weight is 126, BUT much lower than that and I start to look too skinny. 113lb would be ridiculous!
  • rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I guess I have a small frame now. My finger and thumb overlap!! Just a few months ago I had a medium to large frame. Guess my wrists shrunk!

That calculator gave me 104-119 lbs for a small frame and 115-130 lbs for medium. My goal is 130. I honestly can't see myself looking very healthy any lower than that!
  • skinimin
    skinimin Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Um ok I don't know that this calculator is right....

I have a small frame and am 171cm in height. It said my ideal weight range was between 57kg and 63kg, that is so wrong!! Right now I weigh about 50kg and I do not look sick, at all. In my profile picture I actually weigh about 48kg. Hmm I don't think I'll be aiming to gain almost 10kg. Even to gain it in muscle, I would have to become a body builder or something!!