Can't find any meal prep recipes without eggs

Options
I know it may seem strange but I do not eat eggs. I maybe used to eat them as an infant but I know I do not like them now. I know it sounds strange but I just don't eat them. Every meal prep recipe or meal prep video I watch seems to have eggs. Please comment what I should do. (I can't even stand the smell of eggs)

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You must be on the high fat low carb diet. State this since there are people that really know this stuff. Or are you looking up breakfast ideas? Are you on a high protein diet?
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Lots of things don't have eggs. What sorts of ideas are you looking for?

If you wanted to make the things you've already found, you can use an egg replacement.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I never put eggs into my soups, stews, chilis, meatballs, meatloaf, nuggets, curries, etc. I prep and freeze all of these!
  • curves2j
    curves2j Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have an egg allergy- therefore I don't eat eggs. Not even egg whites. I usually substitute the egg for another type of protein as long as the purpose of the egg is to not make the ingredients stick together- like quiche.

you can try sausage and sweet potato breakfast casserole, smoothies, breakfast bars, fresh fruit, etc.

I follow Paleo and typically have nontraditional breakfasts because of my egg allergy and my intolerance for lactose. I have had to just think outside of traditional breakfast standards and learned to just eat what I want as long as it is nutritional and on my plan.
  • androidcd
    androidcd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Did you know flax seeds when soaked in water can act as an egg white? I just discovered this last year. I think it's about 1 TB flax seeds combined with 2 1/2 TB water and soak for around 15 mins.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    My husband hates eggs too. Used to eat them, but hasnt since he was around 8. The smell, taste and texture gross him out.

For breakfast....try refridgerator oats, sausage burritos (sausage, potatoes, peppers, onion, cheese), breakfast sandwiches, premeasure cereal into baggies so you can just grab one and dump it in a bowl quick, make a bug batch of pancakes and freeze, put all the smoothie ingredients in one bag so you can just grab a bag and dump it in the blender, etc...

Also, there isnt any rule that you have to eat breakfast foods in the morning. Its 8:43 am here and i just finished a bowl of stuffed pepper soup and a side salad.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I personally think it sounds a lot more strange that you can't find meal prep recipes or videos without eggs. There is nothing special about meals that are prepped. Can't you just prep meals that contain food you like?
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Use the flaxseed substitute that @androidcd posted, or Google different egg substitutes. There are many egg-free meals. As far as prepping, just make things that you like to eat ahead of time. That's all prepping is- make ahead meals. They don't have to contain certain ingredients.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I never put eggs into my soups, stews, chilis, meatballs, meatloaf, nuggets, curries, etc. I prep and freeze all of these!

^ That. I don't think I've ever done a meal prep with eggs. Then again, I don't typically meal prep breakfast. Oatmeal (baked, crock pot, overnight, etc.) doesn't typically include eggs.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i dont use eggs very often at all.

not sure what youre trying to make, but few recipes all for them, in general lol
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Allrecipes.com's ingredient search lets you Exclude ingredients. They have almost 38,000 recipes without eggs. http://allrecipes.com/search/results/?ingExcl=eggs&sort=re