MY Coldstone Creamery Dessert

Options
patjad
patjad Posts: 55 Member
Last night, I had a desire for some really good, chunky ice cream. My first thought was "Coldstone" or "Marble Slab" to some people.
Anyway...I INVENTED--YES, I take claim for this :laugh: jk

I happened to have Turkey Hill Sugar Free, Fat Free Vanilla Ice Cream ( TRUST ME--It sounds terrible but I definitely recommend it especially in this case!!)

At only 70 Calories for half a cup, I measured out the half cup and put it in a bowl.

I then took a FEW blueberries, TWO fat free mini pretzel twists, ONE square of my favorite chocolate, TWO almonds, ONE TBLS of my favorite cereal, a FEW Craisins, and a FEW M&MS.

I chopped everything up and mixed it into my ice cream.

VOILA! My very own Coldstone Ice Cream. I gave myself a lot of credit because it was just enough ice cream and mix-ins to keep me VERY satisfied and by adding only a few or a couple of the things I wanted, I saved a TON of calories.

WHATCHA GUYS THINK??

Replies

• newmein2011
    Options
    What was the final caloric count?
  • lferrer67
    lferrer67 Posts: 1
    Options
    Pure genius!
  • NWfluffy
    NWfluffy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sounds tasty. My brother once told me about this great sugar free, fat free, dairy free icecream. I said "Dude, that's water:)" However, surprisingly, the stuff's not bad. If you end up at Coldstone with the family, you can get that and mix it with sorbet for a treat that won't totally blow the calorie budget.
  • patjad
    patjad Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That I couldn't tell you. Guess it depends on what you put in it.

Wasn't shooting to post a recipe---more like an idea for dessert alternative.
  • Syntax_Error
    Syntax_Error Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    really creative idea....i like it
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hey I think that was a very good idea. Whatever works then go with it! That's what I would do! :smile:
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Sorry..I can't and won't give up my full fat ice cream/sherberts, etc. They are my endulgence. I just measure it out and eat it..and enjoy! Although your twist is a good idea for those hunting for a good dessert.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Sounds Awesome I will have to try it. Thanks for the idea
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    The ice cream I get at coldstone is only 200 calories.
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious! :) Going to have to try it myself! :) *My fave is chocolate shavings!
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • jennluvsstyle
    Options
    i think it sounds like a really good idea. maybe a piece of dark choc cut up instead of the m&m's, but all in all i think it sound great. i'm going to try it next time i'm craving ice cream. i never hit all my calories anyways.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    im laughing as this has 155 views -- and GUHREAT idea...thanks!
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I love making my own creations at home! :)
    Talk about a calorie saver. Nice job!
  • shannieboo
    shannieboo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I think that sounds good and way better for you anyday!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Must Get This Ice-cream!! I found low-fat chocolate ice cream at Kroger (Yarnelli's Guilt Free) that has 90 calories per half cup, and HONESTLY it's the best chocolate ice-cream I've ever had... And, you can't beat a whole cup for 180 cals (1 cups is A LOT of ice-cream too) when Ben and Jerry's is 270ish for 1/2 a cup. So, yes, the ice-cream you used sounds horrible, lol, but I'd bet anything it's great. It's going on my grocery list for sure.

And, thanks for the Coldstone idea. I read Coldstone and almost didn't want to open this thread. :( I miss coldstone. Oh, sure, I could have the sugar-free flavors and whatnot, but gosh darnit! The cheesecake fantasy is the best.
  • CTK3989
    CTK3989 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I make 5 minute bag ice cream with almond milk (1 cup--plus a tablespoon [45 calories] of wholesome sweeteners organic sugar) and it's only 105 calories without add-ins.
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    Here's a really rough estimate PLUS the 70 calories for the ice cream, of course. :-) Thanks for sharing!
    Blueberries - Raw, 12.5 berries 10 0 0 2
    Food Club - Low Fat Mini Pretzel Twists, 2 pretzels (30g) 10 0 0 2
    Hershey's Bliss - Dark Chocolate Square, 1 sqr 33 2 0 0
    Raw Almonds - Almonds, 2 almonds 14 1 1 1
    Generic -- Rice Krispie - Crisp Rice Ceral, 0.13 cup 12 0 0 3
    Ocean Spray - Craisins - Original, 0.5 Tablespoon 13 0 0 4
    Generic - M&Ms, 7.5 pieces 26 1 0 4
    118 4 1 16

sorry that it won't print out as a nice neat table here...I guess I didn't do it correctly, but I think you can still get the picture.