THOSE AWFUL STRETCH MARKS!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• kittytompsett
    Options
    Bio oil. I've not used it for stretch marks but it's worked wonders on my scars
  • littlerolo
    littlerolo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've just started using 'natural oil' it was only £1 so I thought I might as well try it before trying an £8 bottle of bio-oil. I've only been using it a couple of days and put some in my bath last night and the skin does feel smoother but the scarring is white so I'm not holding out much hope that it will make much difference. I guess stretch marks are just something we have to learn to be happy with :ohwell:
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    mine are red on my hips (love handles) and stomach around the belly button. i have white ones all over my thighs and some on my breasts and arms.

like i mentioned, i don't look to get them completely gone, i know that they are scars and will forever be a part of me. I like the "battle wounds" idea, that's a great way to look at it!

I just want to lighten them all to white, I can deal with those ones. it's the red ones that look awful :ohwell:

I have noticed that tanning does help disguise them quite a bit, but I ultimately don't want to tan, they give me freckles and brown spots, and i know it's not good for me, so i don't want to count on that.

So, so far it seems bio-oil works, mederma is ok, and some others as well.

I drink my full 64 ounces of water a day, so that i have on my side, and i am working out now.

My wedding is in October and for our honeymoon, my fiance and i are going on a Caribbean Cruise, I'd love to not have to worry about my stretch marks if i can!

Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions!! :flowerforyou:
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I use Bio Oil on mine. They are not gone, but definitely faded. It is sold in the Health and Beauty section at Walmart and Walgreens. Its a scar repair type of oil. Its great for tattoos too and rough skin. I use it on my feet as well.