Tips for making my gym bag lighter?

Options
2»

Replies

• JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I think it's the towel! In my current house we only have these heavy monogrammed fancy towels. I think that once I've had a shower the heavy towel that's now wet is super heavy! Time to invest in a microfiber one perhaps?
  • Sutnak
    Sutnak Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    grow stronger!
  • 365daystofitgirl
    365daystofitgirl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    for my shower toiletries I use all travel sizes, refill the bottles to cut down expenses
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I have one of these types of microfibre towel:

https://www.lifeventure.com/products/washgear/microfibre

along with a couple of others. If you've never used one before, be warned that most feel a bit odd on the skin - they don't move smoothly and you find yourself 'dabbing' at the skin, almost like they are sticking. That's not to say they don't work fine, it's just different.

The 'comfort' version I linked to has a bit more of a towel-feel to it, although certainly doesn't look all fluffy like you'd expect a towel to be.

definitely try changing the towel to make the bag lighter.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I think it's the towel! In my current house we only have these heavy monogrammed fancy towels. I think that once I've had a shower the heavy towel that's now wet is super heavy! Time to invest in a microfiber one perhaps?

This. I decided several years ago to lighten up my gym bag and studied everything to lighten it up. First of all, I got a light, big backpack. I walk from home to the pool and it changed my life. Micro fiber towel is a must. As you wash it, it gets softer, and you have to get used to it, but it's light, washes up fast, doesn't mildew, drys fast and folds up small. I also put shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion in smaller containers and just refill at home every 2 weeks. On days I do gym stuff I have super light tennis shoes. It's worth it to take the time to "lighten up".