New year. New mom. New me.

For 2016, I want my body back! I had a baby in August of 2015. We found out on New Years Eve last year we were pregnant and so I feel like I gave my body to him last year makig a nice cozy home and then continuing to give him all my attention and forgetting about myself. Now he is almost 5 months and while I am still breast feeding and plan to until he is over one. I am making a commitment to be healthy for me and him.

SW: (post-pregnancy) 215
CW: 203
GW: 175

Not sure how long this is going to take but I am looking for other mommy friends to join me along the way. Any takers?

Let me know how we can support each other?

Replies

• Pallalbj
    Pallalbj Posts: 1 Member
    I am in the same boat except my kids are older. Its time to get my body back!
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,986 Member
    I had my youngest in November 2015 (4th boy!), and our stats are similar. Ready to lose this weight!

SW: (post-pregnancy) 210
    CW: 202
    GW: 135
  • mkh858
    mkh858 Posts: 93 Member
    Hey there. My twins will be one on January 28th. I'm currently 223. Lost 10lbs so far doing a liver detox. I gained so much weight and have 70lbs to lose. Add me and we can help each other. I'm too breastfeeding my twinkies...
  • StrongBeautifulDesi
    StrongBeautifulDesi Posts: 12 Member
    edited January 2016
    Hi my DS is 8 mo now.
    Current weight :195 pounds
    Goal weight : 150
    Breastfeeding and so once or twice when I cut out calories my milk supply dropped.
    No diet, but exercise to strengthen my core and my body. Feel more energetic is my goal for now.
  • ddebruhl
    ddebruhl Posts: 49 Member
    Hi, I'm Dinah. I had my baby girl in April 2015. I am also breastfeeding until she is one at least.

Pre-pregnancy: 212lbs
    Delivery: 236lbs
    Current: 192.6
    Goal: 150lbs

I had to have surgery 3 months PP due to delivery complications and I'm still recovering from that with another procedure coming February 18th, so working out hasn't really been an option for me. I can do some things, but I usually don't. I've changed my eating habits and I'm using MFP to track my calories . I'm losing weight slowly so it won't effect my milk supply.
    Feel free to add me! Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • mnmartin82
    mnmartin82 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm extremely lucky that since having my baby last May I have continued to lose weight without exercise. I never thought I would bounce back so easily. I have been and still am breast feeding but have realized i have lost a lot of muscle that I had established pre- pregnancy. I am now trying to eat healthier as I have not been. I am also trying to incorporate exercise into my day (without the ability to go to the gym) I would like to tone up since I am getting worried I will gain once the breast feeding stops. I need to be prepared. Any advise as to how to fit this into my day once I get home from work. Do any of you other moms have a routine that you do with your little one?
  • Enic03
    Enic03 Posts: 172 Member
    My baby just turned 1 in Aug 2015 so I may be a year behind you but still in the same boat of trying to take back my body! I was 7 pounds away from my goal weight a few months after he was born but somehow managed to gain a lot of weight in the past year.

Height: 5'1
    Pre-Preg: 120
    Post-Preg: 127
    CW: 136
    GW: 120
  • HaAnSh
    HaAnSh Posts: 1 Member
    Hey ladies I'd love some adds! I don't have any active friends on MFP.
    I had my last baby(girl) in May of 2015. I'm currently still breastfeeding as well as doing some pumping. I won't be going back to work as well as I don't have access to a gym.

My stats: H- 5'3
    Pre: 140
    During P: 200
    CW: 150
    GW: 130

I'm all tummy, I've had two c-secs. I barley have a bum or boobs haha so my main goal is stomach fat :) good luck ladies hope to be able to cheer you on along the way!
  • Saviik
    Saviik Posts: 46 Member
    Ooh I'm joining! Started back up recently and could use some friends!!
    I had my son back in Sept or 2014 so he's pushing a year and half!! Between pregnancy and nursing school I've gained and retained weight.. :s Finally decided it was time to find time for myself!

H - 5'3
    Pre - 185 (170 before school :neutral:)
    During - 235 (A good 20lbs was water weight)
    CW - 195
    GW - 150

Please feel free to add me! Also I'm 25 years old!