dont know where to begin body building

Options
Help me . i need help to begin my body building journey

Replies

• Kavgi
    Kavgi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just do it! I did it and I'm so happy with it! Learning by doing is the best! :)
    Good luck :*
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    What do you need help with? Finding a lifting routine?
  • millej49
    millej49 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The best place to start is figuring out what you do, and don't know. @stevencloser is probably at the best step one which is, figuring out what lifting routine you need.
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    What is your goal aesthetically? Do you want to look like a bikini competitor or a female bodybuilder. Both athletes pick up and put down heavy things but their training programs and diets are completely different.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    What is your goal aesthetically? Do you want to look like a bikini competitor or a female bodybuilder. Both athletes pick up and put down heavy things but their training programs and diets are completely different.

Many of them are also built very different. I know plenty of women who want to do bikini, but are not genetically built to compete in bikini.
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Many of them are also built very different. I know plenty of women who want to do bikini, but are not genetically built to compete in bikini.

Very true..... Me being one of them #foreverflatass :D:D:D
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    bodybuilding.com has a lot of great workouts. They have many trainers and you can sort the programs by type of goal. They also have a huge library of videos demonstrating nearly every move. Also, T-Nation is a great resource for education. I'm addicted to their articles. Much of it is geared toward guys in terms of the language used, but a big fallacy is that women need to lift fundamentally differently than men for results. Not true. Lift heavy stuff. A lot. You won't get huge. We just don't have the testosterone necessary to do it.

[edited by MFP Moderator]
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Very true..... Me being one of them #foreverflatass :D:D:D

I am built too big. Naturally made for bodybuilding or physique.