Workout ideas for extremely large breast

Options
As of right now cardiovascular wise, I can only do my stationary bike. Swimming is out cuz it's cold. No, money for gym. So please any advice. Forget workout bra I've been through so many. Nothing works

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    As someone who is quite top heavy, have you tried two sports bras at once? I'm down to one, but when I started 2 worked. Also, don't be afraid to do YouTube workout vids in your loungeroom while holding those suckers down!

But the bike is good, walking is good.
  • mkh858
    mkh858 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    As someone who is quite top heavy, have you tried two sports bras at once? I'm down to one, but when I started 2 worked. Also, don't be afraid to do YouTube workout vids in your loungeroom while holding those suckers down!

But the bike is good, walking is good.

Getting on two sports bra is a workout of its own.lol walking is idea but it's to cold to go walking..I'm not trying to make excuses just working put on the bike will get old
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It might get old after time, but it won't be cold forever! Sit the bike in front of the TV, watch something distracting and peddle away until you can start taking walks in the improving weather.
  • mkh858
    Options
    It might get old after time, but it won't be cold forever! Sit the bike in front of the TV, watch something distracting and peddle away until you can start taking walks in the improving weather.

Yes, thanks! I get bored very easily..lol
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    Options
    Are there no indoor pools where you live?
  • scottish_laura_13
    scottish_laura_13 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    try yoga (you can get fast paced yoga) or some exercises you can do at home, walking and stretches etc,
    I find sit ups almost impossible so have found alternatives, and sports bras cause issues unless they are strong ones (which are hard to find)
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I think you should re-visit the sports bra idea. I'm a UK 34J & I cannot just go to the mall & buy a sports bra. Nothing at Victoria's Secret or Target is going to work for me. I had to search online to find something that would work. I am currently using the Shock Absorber Women's Multi Sport Max Support Sports Bra. It only goes up to an HH cup. I bought it anyway because I read that sometimes it helps lock things down when you get a size too small & also it was cheaper than my next choice which was Enell. I can get into it & it does work pretty well. There is some movement, but it is not painful or bothersome in any way. It works like a compression bra for me & I can even jump on a mini trampoline. It is NOT cute gym-wear & requires a large t-shirt over top because I have spillage at the cleavage & out the arm holes.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have gotten the Enell. I have heard from other top-heavy ladies that they work great. They will also custom make a bra for you if you don't fit into their standard sizes, which I don't--my band measurement puts me in one & my bust measurement puts me in another. They charge extra for a custom bra but will store your pattern for you. http://enell.com/custom-fit.html

I would start riding your exercise bike at home for now & save up for a quality bra & then you can do whatever you want to do.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    There are all kinds of DVD walking workouts that you can do right at home.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I went to an Undergarment shop and purchased a workout bra for large breasted woman. It cost $45.00 but, worth every penny.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I agree that you need to try again. When I started running I was a G cup and did just fine. I'm an E now and run around 15 miles a week and have no issues.
  • jayclock
    jayclock Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Swimming in indoor pools is not cold. Leisure pools are about 28 degrees which feels cold for about 3 seconds, and in fact is too warm for serious swimmers.

Other option is road bike on a turbo trainer. I can burn close to 1000 cals in an hour on mine/... see this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eSvdacQa0k
  • TriMama12
    TriMama12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What about getting some warmer clothes? Granted, I'm Canadian and believe fully in "there is no bad weather, only bad clothes", but there's a lot to be said for going outside.

What kind of weather are you dealing with exactly?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    There are all kinds of DVD walking workouts that you can do right at home.

This^
    Walking workouts are low impact. No jumping up and down (unless you want too).

Here are a few YouTube samples

www.youtube.com/user/walkathomemedia

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLe5P3ayTEj7aejY9MC8-0S6oTqx5j0aGK

DVDs are great because you can often choose music only...or skip around to different "miles."
  • kbkeats
    kbkeats Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I know you said to forget the workout bra, but I have large breasts as well and have always struggled with this issue as well. My solution is to wear a good underwire bra, a tight sports bra, AND a workout top with a good built in bra. The 3 bras keeps my gals in check, and I'm able to partake in my favorite exercises like elliptical and jumping rope!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I'm not top heavy, but I need to wear two sports bras, sometimes even a bra underneath...otherwise my girls just move too much, causing pain..as for Cold...I'm in Canada, it's cold here!! Layers!!!! Also, I workout at home....a couple suggestions would be these on Youtube: Fitness Blender and Better Believe Fit, those are my go-to's...Believe it or not, you can get just as efficient a workout on your living room floor, while tweaking some of the exercises, as you can in a gym. Good luck!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Two sports bras should do it.

Get one that is a sport top that has a shelf bra attached to it — yes, wear it over your sports bra. Often, a sports bra alone won't do the trick for high intensity activities such as running and jumping rope.

Don't let the girls stop you from doing some exercising, look once you start loosing, those girls will get smaller, so look at this way, get moving so you get them girls situated so you make your goals!!!
  • mkh858
    Options
    Are there no indoor pools where you live?

Yes, but only by paying for them
  • mkh858
    Options
    TriMama12 wrote: »
    What about getting some warmer clothes? Granted, I'm Canadian and believe fully in "there is no bad weather, only bad clothes", but there's a lot to be said for going outside.

What kind of weather are you dealing with exactly?

Well we have had below zero weather. Ice eberywhere. You guys definitely have it worse up there. I'm in ohio so the weather here is unpredictable
  • mkh858
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I will try these workouts you considered. As for a sports bra I'd prefer to get down to perhaps a G cup before I go buy one. I also should have mention I breastfeed so strappING these puppies down isn't idea for me since I'm a 44K US fiNing a bra is depressing in itself..
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    if you have a stationary bike rather than just riding it you could try a youtube spin class video to get a better burn and have a more interesting ride. You could also do some muscle work in a circuit format that will not only burn calories but build muscle and improve body composition. For example you could add squats, walking lunges, squats, push-ups and there are a ton of things you can do with gliding pads (you can even use 2 washcloths if you don't have carpet), just check out youtube for 'gliding disc workouts"