Water Consumption

Options
I've been faithful with tracking my food and exercise, I'm staying under my daily limits and some day significatly so, but I've gained some weight back. I've never been much of a water drinker and am now drinking between 4 and 6 bottles of water/day. Could that have something to do with the gain? If so, why am I retaining the water so badly and how do I correct it?

Replies

• TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    If you are just starting to drink that much water, you are just retaining it. It's normal, your body has to adjust to the increase. Give it a little bit and your body will do all that work and shed that "water weight".
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    It's probably because you are going significantly under your calorie goal. The water weight might do it for a few days until your body is used to the correct amount of water, but I really think you need to stay close to the amount of calories allotted so your body doesn't think its starving.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    If anything, water should help your weight loss. I didn't check your diary, but it sounds like you need to increase your calories, and perhaps reduce processed/artificial foods and/or sodium?
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    What's your sodium look like.... ?
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    How much are you going under your calories? At least eat 1200 a day to stay healthy and avoid your body going into "starvation mode".
  • ssernst
    ssernst Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking sodium too if you're getting a lot. I've noticed that I retain a lot more if I've had canned soup or something like that the day before.
  • mandyyount
    Options
    I've only been tracking for about 2 weeks, and 3 days last week I had a horrible stomach virus and migraine and didn't eat hardly anything. Those were the only days I was significatly lower on calories. My goal is 1200 and I range anywhere from 1100 to 1300 on normal days. I'm not sure what my sodium intake is like ... I haven't been tracking that.