Does anyone eat Quest bars?

Options
Do you like them?

Replies

• jessetfan
    jessetfan Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I use them as a breakfast when I'm trying to run out the door. I like them, and they keep me full.
  • PeiDub
    PeiDub Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them all the time before they changed the formula. I've since switched to the MusclePharm ones.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I eat one for breakfast every morning. It's fast, I can stomach it (not a breakfast fan here), and 20g of protein for ~200 calories is a pretty good deal. But I don't think they're amazingly tasty or anything (some are quite good, some I don't like much), I just eat them because they fit into my goals and I don't have to prepare anything or try to choke down real food in the morning.

They're better after 10 seconds in the microwave, though.

I don't like the super sweet flavours like White Chocolate Raspberry too much or even the really popular Cookie Dough/Cookies & Cream/S'mores much for the same reason. I do like the Cinnamon Roll, Banana Nut Muffin, Apple Pie, Mint Chocolate, and Double Chocolate Chunk, and I do not like the Vanilla Almond, Mixed Berry, Strawberry Cheesecake, or Lemon Cream Pie (even though I love lemon flavour normally, I think the bar tastes like Pledge.) I haven't tried the peanut ones because my husband is allergic. But tastes differ and the ones I mentioned first are really popular so I think most people like them, I just can't handle that much sweet.

ETA: And while I love to cook and think I have a pretty good palate, I can't taste a difference since they switched the formula. Shrug.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Same as above, I used to like them but I don't like them since they changed the recipe. I now buy reflex bars.
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them, but they are highly processed so I stopped but they do deliver a lot of protein grams compared to many other bars.
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I tried the double chocolate chunk and the strawberry cheesecake Quest bars. I thought they tasted weird. Wasn't crazy about the texture. I finished both and felt the bars were very filling. Would not buy again. Look for single servings so you don't get stuck with the rest if you don't like.
  • smilezishere
    smilezishere Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've tried them and I don't mind them. I just choose not to eat them because of the artificial sweetener (sucralose) that's in them.
  • phsst
    phsst Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    They constipate me. All that fiber backfires... Anyone else relate?
  • peleroja
    Options
    phsst wrote: »
    They constipate me. All that fiber backfires... Anyone else relate?

I find one a day to be, um, beneficial, but more than that absolutely has the effect you experience.

I eat a ton of fibrous vegetables as it is though so I'm used to it.
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I eat one for a dessert once in a while, or when I desperately want a very sweet snack. A treat for me, but wouldn't have one every day.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    The only one I like is the white chocolate raspberry when I want something sweet.
    A lot of protein (20g) for 200 calories, and it is better than having a candy bar.
  • echmain
    echmain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yes and yes.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,618 Member
    Options
    I don't exactly hate the new formula other than they're less pliable. I'm broadening my horizons, trying out different bars now tho.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    It's a BIG NO.....

These things are just NASTY... and NASTY is being nice..
  • napilibay
    napilibay Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Ok I was just looking for a bar to have on hand for those times hunger hits at the wrong time.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I don't mind them, I think for the calories, protein, and fiber they taste really good and are convenient! The only thing that prevents me from eating them more is their price, really. I don't think they're as good as some people make them out to be, but my favorite has always been the Double Chocolate Chunk, which tastes good by itself but amazing if you microwave it a little.
    I like Quest bars, but their powders are what really get me, now THOSE are worth the price! As for the bars, I've been just as impressed with Oh Yeah! Nutrition, Power Bar (ProteinPlus line), Power Crunch (especially the salted caramel), among many others.
  • peleroja
    Options
    napilibay wrote: »
    Ok I was just looking for a bar to have on hand for those times hunger hits at the wrong time.

They're fine for that purpose, but I think it's better to look at them as exactly that: something that serves a purpose (calories/protein/fibre) rather than something you eat because it's tasty. They are pretty much just a protein shake made solid, you know?

They have a lot of fibre so they are great at keeping you full IMO, especially if you have one with water.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I only like 3 flavors, smore's, chocolate chip cookie dough, and cookies and cream. I've tried other flavors and thought they were gross. Smore's and chocolate chip one are great after 10 seconds in the microwave.
  • VickyMayonnaise
    VickyMayonnaise Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My favorite are the coconut almond and the chocolate chunk. I stay away from the ones made with sucralose and buy the ones made with Stevia. I've tried several and eat one as a snack regularly. Not necessarily because they taste great, but because they're low in sugar and high in protein.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I just got an email that they are changing the recipe as they have had so many complaints about this.

BTW, the pumpkin spice ones were awful, and I love pumpkin spice anything.