Easy/ Quick food that's not all processed crap?

2»

Replies

• HisBeloved65
    HisBeloved65 Posts: 186
    I just bought a cookbook thats all 300 calorie meals or less. Its fantastic. prep times are short, range from 10-20 minutes prep to 40 - 50 minutes in total. lots of fresh seasoning/herbs, chicken, fresh veggies. Most of the recipes are like every other foot just made without all the processed stuff. I struggle with the quick cook micro meals for lunch but this coming week I am stocking up and will be trying these out. i will try to post some. good luck. right now I eat a lot of chicken and salad and protein shakes, fruits and veggies- a lot.
  • HisBeloved65
    HisBeloved65 Posts: 186
    single serving snack bags are a life saver!
  • MeganSWoods
    MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
    Thanks everyone! I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking about this. I need to make an effort to prepare for the week ahead of time so I'm not always grabbing the bad stuff. Thanks for the ideas!
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Bagged salad mix, some nuts/seeds/beans thrown in, and dressing - or just balsamic vinegar.

Fruit - nature's grab and go snack.

Raw veggies with good (no added weird stuff) hummus.

Trail mix (make your own to keep junky stuff in check).

There are lots of bars that have nothing but fruit and nuts in 'em - Larabar is a good one.

Hope that gives you some ideas you might not have tried yet...
  • britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    bumping for ideas
  • cmg2008
    cmg2008 Posts: 139
    bump .. i want to read this later =)
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    How can this not have been mentioned yet, crock pot! In the morning you throw a bunch of stuff in it, turn it on, go to work, and supper is ready when you get home. I don't think I've ever had a crock pot recipe be more than 350 calories per serving, and that's with using some sort of pasta or rice. It's very easy to make larger meals with this, so you now have lunch for the week. There are tons of crock pot recipes on here as well as other websites.
  • MeganSWoods
    MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
    How can this not have been mentioned yet, crock pot! In the morning you throw a bunch of stuff in it, turn it on, go to work, and supper is ready when you get home. I don't think I've ever had a crock pot recipe be more than 350 calories per serving, and that's with using some sort of pasta or rice. It's very easy to make larger meals with this, so you now have lunch for the week. There are tons of crock pot recipes on here as well as other websites.

That's a great idea! I don't know why I hadn't thought of that as well! Thanks :-)

And thanks to everyone for the good ideas! I've been doing better preparing things ahead of time so I'm eating more "real" food instead of a lot of sodium-laden processed stuff :-D
  • kevinandcat
    kevinandcat Posts: 1 Member
    My go to lunch is a piece of fruit(banana, apple, grapes), 2 sticks of mild cheddar cheese for Trader Joe's and then 2-3 slices of Applegate Farms lunch meat. If I am still really hungry, a handful of Annie's Bunnies.
This discussion has been closed.