Young Working Women (career, not corner)

Options
13»

Replies

• laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    Nothing against the other groups I've seen or threads I've posted to, but this is my favorite by far! haha. I don't think I said what I do, it's not really that exciting, I am in Talent Acquisition for a financial institution here in Charlotte, basically I'm a recruiter for full time positions. It's really stressful and I sit in front of my computer 95% of the day, but we have a huge beautiful campus that I take breaks to walk around : ) In all seriousness, I love my job, I'm basically in HR and help people get jobs here. The other women on my team are awesome, they're all super supportive and in the same boat as me, just trying to shed a few. I've even gotten one of them to join me in no-soda drinking.

I'm a huge sports fan (grew up in Philly so Eagles Flyers Phillies all the way!) and my bf of almost a year played basketball at UNC- Chapel Hill so he's got me rooting for the Tar Heels.

I'm thinking I'll start the 30DS this weekend, and like Casey said, the two of us just started C25K this week (i'll be doing wk1 day 2 in about an hour!)

annnddd I think I answered all the other questions already. so weigh ins on Monday huh? This could be interesting.
  • himynameisjess
    himynameisjess Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I already love this thread! Count me in! I'm 24 (going on 25) and pretty much in the same boat as all of you. Can't wait to start!

Jessica
  • gayle80
    gayle80 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    LOL at the title, too funny! Is there an upper age/weight limit here?? I am a 30 yr old working woman (psychology graduate now studying for a nursing degree and working part-time as a nursing auxiliary) and I probably have more like 30lbs to lose, but hoping for 10-15 before my holidays (and my wedding!) in Sept. There are five dogs and one cat in our house, but I take credit for one dog and one cat only :)

I tend to eat the same things over the course of the week so would love some ideas for tasty meals that fit within the calorie range :)

Anyway, would love to chat with you all but understand if if I'm not quite in the 'young' category ;) lol

p.s. I wouldn't mind looking like Jessica Biel - achievable? Nah, probably not but aim high as they say ;)
  • funky_stripes
    funky_stripes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group. My name is Rachelle, im from saskatchewan canada, and i am a hairstylist, i am 22 years old and me, my mom and sister own the salon. I started my journey at 155 pounds, finally got down to 125 in feburary, and sinve april the scale has been rising up again. i am now back at 142. :(. really need some motivation and encouragment again. o and i would love to have jennifer anistons body, love her abs
  • Morganjannelle
    Options
    Hey everyone, I’m Morgan, 26 year old accounting assistant, no kids or pets. My long term boyfriend and I have a ‘Carrie & Big’ apartment situation. He’s got roommates and a cat and I’ve got my own place that I share with my plants.

I work 35+ hours a week, take boot camp classes, swim, run, do yoga ect & I’m on the board of directors for two local not-for-profits. I’m from the East coast of Canada (Newfoundland) but currently live in one of the healthiest city in North America, Victoria BC.

Last summer I was closer to my goal weight 132lbd, but since starting my new job (which is awesome but sedentary) I went back up to 143lbs. I’m down to 140lbs and want to hit 128lbs before the end of the summer!
  • KeshiaV
    KeshiaV Posts: 187 Member
    Options

I grew up on the East Coast (Connecticut). Where are you living? I guess you will have some healthier options there as opposed to the South...lots of seafood!

I'm moving to Virginia in July and I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I am that the food won't be all fried! I've loved my time in the South and the chance to experience the food, but I'm absolutely ready for a new experience :)

Cristina, your plan sounds fantastic! I'm definitely on board.

Where in VA are you moving? :smile:

Cristina - I think the plan sounds good! Just reminder posts of when to weigh in would be helpful, particularly since it is every two weeks. I weigh in for another group on Fridays, but a Monday weigh in could keep me from trashing my whole weekend haha.

I'm moving to the Norfolk area in just a few short weeks!!!!

Oh and job wise, I'm sort of a teacher. lol Right after undergrad, I joined Teach for America and moved from Chicago to Louisiana. I just finished my 2 year commitment with TFA as an elementary school teacher in a very rural, impoverished area. Though I loved (almost) every moment of teaching, I decided to head back to school for my doctorate in clinical psychology. So in the very (eek!) near future, I'll be making my way east. In the mean time, I'm filling up my days with teaching summer school and packing.

Ideal body? Perhaps a thin J-Hud. She's still curvy, but healthy and glamorous. Looking forward to the new group :)
  • AmberM6912
    AmberM6912 Posts: 79
    Options
    Weigh-In will be Monday, yes! I am actually going to close this group on Friday and start a new group with the same title but (closed group) added to the end. I will make that Friday morning, so keep a lookout on Friday and stop in to say hi so we are all back again. I'd love to leave this group open ended but geez- I mean, it could end up being a second job lol.

Will we get a group request or should we just look for it on the message board? Sorry, still kinda new and I've never joined a group before!
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    OK- I am still fairly new, and I don't see how I can send a group invite. But I just created the new group Young Working Women (career, not corner) *CLOSED GROUP* so go and check in before Monday! See you all soon and I hope I don't lose anybody!
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Room for 1 more?

I'm 25 and I have an MBA - currently in San Antonio but looking to go anywhere that's not my current job. The pounds have crept on since college/grad school. I would love a group of girls with similar ages and lifestyles!

Celebrity body? Well, hmmm.... I have to say maybe Kim Kardahian because she always looks great but she has boobs, and a butt, and hips like me. I think that's a realistic idea for me....

My name is Katie!

Well--- part of that done---starting AWESOME new job July 6!
  • AmberM6912
    AmberM6912 Posts: 79
    Options
    [/quote]

Well--- part of that done---starting AWESOME new job July 6!
    [/quote]

Awesome! Congrats on the new job!!!
  • purpleprose
    purpleprose Posts: 650
    Options
    This is such a great idea - count me in!

I'm 29, full-time professional at a non-profit and just finished up my MBA. I'm over halfway to my ultimate goal, but have really stalled out just shy of onederland and really want to get there!

Look forward to meeting all you lovely ladies.
  • jamontagne
    jamontagne Posts: 115
    Options
    28 now ... but was you a few years ago!!

Full time office job, plus part time hairdresser. Fiance, 2 dogs, 3 cats at home. OVer the years my 125 lbs turned into 165 (at my heaviest) and currently 140. It's amazing how fast it can grow if you don't watch yourself!

I'd love to jump into this!

I haven't joined any groups on here so IDK how to really. Help a sista out ... tehe ... :bigsmile:
  • NenaM812
    NenaM812 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    AH! I am you lol. I'm 24 and out of college 3 years. I started working full time and then some as a probation officer literally the Monday after graduation! I wasn't used to being so sedentary, but I did ok for the first year and kept up with running. That was until I met and moved in with Fiance! In two years, I gained 30 lbs, two dogs, and a cat, and some really poor eating habits. I'd love to be a part of this =)
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Just checking in

Today's weigh in came at 161 ...it was a bbq-filled weekend...oops

Have to work hard this week but it may be impossible b/c i have a 2day workshop thu and fri with tons of free food and I will be working very long hours to prep for the event, which means i'll be cranky and will need sugar lol

Will try to do my best!
  • jamontagne
    Options
    I didn't weigh in today because I weighed myself Friday. My fiance says I'm obsessed with the scale (and he's right but don't tell him that lol) - so he hid it from me and told me I can only have it on fridays! HAHAHA So I guess I will jsut have to go with my friday weight for our weigh-ins. :) so - 140 right now. I haven't done any measurements though. I keep saying I'm going to but never do - I really should though because I know there has been a major inch-loss overf the last 2 weeks (because of 30DS by jillian michaels - she's a genius!).

Anyway - it's monday and I had a 7am training session from home, then had to be to the office by 9 (I was barely 5mins late) - BUT my boss told be I can bail out of the office at 3!!!! So looking forward to getting out early and enjoying the beautiful weather, :)
  • jamontagne
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I just got some amazing news at work - I've been offered a major position as Pre-Sales Manager!!! That's a serious jump from Admin, and it means 3x's my current salary!

Just wanted to glow about my NSV - and thought you guys would care the most :bigsmile:
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone is doing well!

Weigh in today is 147.2! I finally broke in to the 140's this week. Wahhoo! :)
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I just got some amazing news at work - I've been offered a major position as Pre-Sales Manager!!! That's a serious jump from Admin, and it means 3x's my current salary!

Just wanted to glow about my NSV - and thought you guys would care the most :bigsmile:

Way to go -- it feels so good to get a big raise, that's for sure!!