Just getting started!

Options
Hello everyone I'm new to this community and I am looking forward learning from all of you how to maximize my success using My Fitness Pal!

Replies

• motivated2419
    motivated2419 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I am on here all the time and give out a lot of motivational quotes / help.
  • blueaerial
    blueaerial Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I def use myfitnesspal in my everyday life if you need a new friend feel free to add me :) good luck!!
  • Bellocapelli
    Bellocapelli Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Thanks for the invitation and I'm excited to learn more about how this app has helped in losing weight and providing motivation. Please feel free to share more about how it has helped you in your everyday life.
    blueaerial wrote: »
    I def use myfitnesspal in my everyday life if you need a new friend feel free to add me :) good luck!!

• blueaerial
    blueaerial Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well at first the idea of counting calories seemed pretty daunting and I felt like it would starve me but I gave it a shot. It was so simple to scan the barcodes of the food I'm about to eat and it made me realize how much my choices really matter to my body. I stayed under my calorie goals and used the other goals I had set and watched myself lose 2 pounds a week in the last month. Myfitnesspal has kept me in check with what I eat and motivated me to stay on track because I love seeing the messages that tell me I'm under my calorie goal that I could be down to a certain weight if I stayed on the track I'm on as well as the great apps like fitstar that they offer that are integrated into myfitnesspal. I love logging my calories and calories burned and seeing the impact that I'm making on me lol I hope this answers your post :)
  • DBMOTIVATOR75
    DBMOTIVATOR75 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck ☝
  • robburry_85
    robburry_85 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you feel free to add me more than happy to help if I can .
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    MFP is full of friends who will help you. Be accurate and consistent about logging. Single best tip I can give to support your success.
  • Bellocapelli
    Bellocapelli Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you Mavrick for the tip.